Texas Hunting Forum

At my stand!!

Posted By: White Falcon

At my stand!! - 09/22/17 09:05 PM

Went to hand corn today. These guys were already there looking for a hand out. All I had with me was my Hawk. I had to through stones at them to get them to move, ( only went about 20 yds at a time) I'll be back next week with something other than my Hawk!!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: At my stand!! - 09/22/17 10:17 PM

Always carry, even a slingshot then the stones would of worked.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: At my stand!! - 09/22/17 10:21 PM

I would have tried to chase those bastards down and run them over. I despise hogs.

Re: At my stand!! - 09/22/17 11:12 PM

I will post Thursday If I get a couple.
Posted By: TGillar

Re: At my stand!! - 09/23/17 02:34 AM

When I am in the country. I even pack a gun to go to church.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: At my stand!! - 09/23/17 02:52 AM

Been there and done that several times. I never approach my blind/feeder without a rifle in hand now.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: At my stand!! - 09/23/17 01:39 PM

never leave the house with out a gun

Re: At my stand!! - 09/23/17 04:36 PM

The land owner is kind of picky about when I can carry. I think I have changed his mind after this!
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: At my stand!! - 09/26/17 03:51 PM

I have been there before also. I carry more now because of these episodes. My son in law was laughing at me once on the lease. We had run out to do some quick work and go back home. I had carried my AR and when we spotted some pigs I gave it to him to skirt around (they were 4-500 yds away) to where they were headed. As he got into position I had gotten out of the truck to watch. When he hit the first couple with the AR they started running and was going across an open field 150-200 yds from me. I felt compelled to throw some .380s in their direction for the hell of it.
Posted By: mikei

Re: At my stand!! - 09/26/17 10:04 PM

In "Hog Country," don't leave home without some artillery. I've learned that lesson a couple of times. And, BTW, make sure it's "hog worthy" artillery! I've had to use my KelTec PMR-30 a couple of times, and, while successful, felt rather under-gunned for the occasion and the species! The good thing about the PMR is that it will deliver an absolute hail storm of lead in a very short period of time, but it absolutely is not the caliber of choice for whacking the bristly beasties.
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: At my stand!! - 09/27/17 06:30 AM

I don't ever go to the lease without at least my AR. Even to check cameras.

Re: At my stand!! - 09/28/17 07:04 PM

Not there today. Hand corned again. Last time to hand corn Friday. Had my .45 Ruger with me today.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: At my stand!! - 09/28/17 08:21 PM

The past weekend I had just finished tying down and putting some mats in a new box blind I put up. About 5:30, Sam Adams and I discussed our completed work and admired the view with my white MegaCab parked down in front. Up walks a very large single boar and of course, my rifle was in the truck. It was funny to see how he somehow didn't notice my truck at first, made him jump when he did. We agreed to meet again this weekend.

Re: At my stand!! - 09/29/17 04:08 PM

Hogs were there last night. Re-corned today for the opener.

Re: At my stand!! - 09/30/17 05:03 PM

Saw 2 hogs and a doe this morning. 425 yds. violin
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: At my stand!! - 09/30/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
We agreed to meet again this weekend.

And so we did... same time and same place. He was the first and the biggest, his friends came by to check on him a little later. My rifle wasn't in the truck this time. smile

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum