Texas Hunting Forum

PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding

Posted By: Colonel Angus

PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding - 08/12/16 01:52 AM

For the past couple of months, At least 2 days a week I see a litter of Hogs off President George Bush Freeway, you rad that right. I've watched them grow from tiny lil piglets to about a Foot tall at the shoulder. There's 2 "Full size" which I have to believe are Mom n Pop and 8 or so Chillins.

They're routin around in the mug near the Luna Rd. Exit out in the Flood Water area just east of Valley Ranch, and West side of South Bound PGWBT the light colored ones are the hardest to distinguish especially when driving 80+ Mph and trying to keep up with traffic.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has even noticed them out there, I'm sure they will now.... :-(

Denny
Posted By: Kyle Campbell

Re: PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding - 08/13/16 10:29 PM

I have not seen any but every day on my commute to work I look over there think there has got to be hogs in there.
Posted By: Alim

Re: PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding - 08/13/16 11:29 PM

The other day we were going north near the Speedway on 35 and at one of the creek overpasses a whole litter of little ones and 4 or 5 adults were feeding along the fenceline.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding - 08/14/16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Colonel Angus
For the past couple of months, At least 2 days a week I see a litter of Hogs off President George Bush Freeway, you rad that right. I've watched them grow from tiny lil piglets to about a Foot tall at the shoulder. There's 2 "Full size" which I have to believe are Mom n Pop and 8 or so Chillins.

Well, I have not noticed any, but PGWBT is pretty long, LOL.

The two big ones probably are not mom and pop. Adult males do not reside with the sounder and get chased off after mating because they are a threat to the piglets. You are probably seeing two sows or maybe the sow or piglets are coming into heat and the male is there to mate (which may or may not be the original male that sired the young).
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: PGWBT Hogs - No Kidding - 08/14/16 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Adult males do not reside with the sounder and get chased off after mating because they are a threat to the piglets.
Didn't know that... So I guess I'll pay more attention to the loners now.

Charlie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum