Texas Hunting Forum

War Wagon Hunts

Posted By: GA DOG 2

War Wagon Hunts - 05/20/16 05:04 PM

Just wondering how many people have hunted hogs out of a WAR WAGON? I tried this last winter one night while quail hunting and had a ball. My son and son-in-law don't quail hunt but want to try hunting pigs out of a WAR WAGON. We need it to be close to Victoria TX. If you know someone that does this type hunt please reply. We will be visiting family the 3rd week of Oct. in Victoria.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: War Wagon Hunts - 05/20/16 08:12 PM

Not trying to be a complete idiot but I did a google search for hog hunts out of a war wagon, and all it came up with was this post...

what is a war wagon?
Posted By: conifer

Re: War Wagon Hunts - 05/20/16 08:22 PM

"war wagon" = out of John Wayne movie .....a horse-drawn, roofed and sheathed wagon armed something like a modern tank.
Posted By: GA DOG 2

Re: War Wagon Hunts - 05/23/16 02:48 PM

WAR WAGON hunts... guide has a 4x4 suburban blacked out with a hole cut in the roof over the middle seat. guide/driver has night vision goggles you ride around the farm roads between huge flat harvested milo and peanut field with the lights out. Shooter stands in the back with upper body thru the hole in the roof, when the driver see pigs he drives into the field and right thru the feeding herd of hogs. When he gets in the middle of them he cuts on the flood lights suddenly the shooter is surrounded by hogs with an open field of fire. Driver chases the running pigs in the huge flat fields, my wife shoot down 4 with her AR15 the first herd we found. This is some serious fun, but you need the right kind of fields, huge and flat!!!!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: War Wagon Hunts - 06/02/16 03:54 PM

lol, good luck on flat fields once the hogs here get to them.

now an m1a1 abrams would work good with the ruts and holes they cause.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum