Texas Hunting Forum

Knocked down a few

Posted By: Jhop

Knocked down a few - 11/22/15 08:32 PM

Been knocking down a few pigs in Hamilton county the last week or so. Putting my new Armasight Zeus to good use on top of my 6.8. My ol'trusty Armasight Nemesis gen 2 still works fine too.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/22/15 09:04 PM

Awesome!..... cheers....love those big spotted pigs!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/22/15 09:17 PM

Cool spots ,congrats on fresh pork

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/22/15 09:43 PM

Few more from the last week or so.

Im using an Armasight Zeus 640 3-24 with 75mm for spotting as well as having mounted on top of my 6.8.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/23/15 01:25 AM

Awesome job.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/23/15 02:34 AM

Keep it up! rifle

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/23/15 02:49 AM

The big boar on top took a lung shot behind the shoulder from about 120 yards or so. Sounded like a baseball bat smacking a side of pig! lol He just sorted trotted off. One of my hunting partners put a couple 120gr SST's out of a 6.8 into to stop him.

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/23/15 02:54 AM

Now that I've got a couple thermal units, it's pretty easy to find the pigs. See a lot more wild life at night too. Just got to watch them. A deer eating with head down in tall grass looks an awful lot like a big boar from a distance. Just have to be patient and watch it to see if it's a deer or pig. Skunks, armadillos and raccoons can all look like pigs when you have pig fever! lol Young deer can look like coyotes as well. Gotta be careful of that too.
Posted By: hound

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/24/15 01:25 AM

what do you do with all that meat?
Posted By: Espy

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/24/15 03:59 AM

good job rcinit you have some nice toys

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/24/15 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: hound
what do you do with all that meat?
If the pigs don't stink we'll take the back straps and sometimes the hams. It all depends on time and weather conditions. We'll haul all of them to the "bone yard" regardless if we take anything from them or not. Sometimes we'll give them away as well. That being said not many people want to come out and deal with them at O'dark thirty!!!!!
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Knocked down a few - 11/24/15 09:38 PM

that's cool stuff!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum