Texas Hunting Forum

New Mexico hog hunting

Posted By: rdhibbs

New Mexico hog hunting - 10/31/15 10:03 PM

I have learned that any one can hunt hog in New Mexico with out a licens (confermed that with NM game service), how ever I have had no luck getting information on where they are. I am I interested in hunting in Union or Quay county. Any one have any information they are willing to share? confused2
Posted By: cazador1022

Re: New Mexico hog hunting - 10/31/15 10:13 PM

crickets......
Posted By: BushFamilyNine

Re: New Mexico hog hunting - 11/01/15 12:51 AM

http://www.huntwildpig.com/state-specifics/new-mexico-pig-hunting/

Some info is provided in the comments section of the above link. Listen to the advice, check out the map, and good luck!
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: New Mexico hog hunting - 11/01/15 06:37 AM

I lived in hobbs nm for 2 years and had a lot of local friends that hunted. They said hogs were far and few. They said stick to southern parts that border texas. Hope that helps. I drove many miles of lease roads for those 2 years and never once saw a pig or sign and i always looked when on state or blm land.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: New Mexico hog hunting - 11/02/15 02:09 AM

The fish cops won't help much and they have a law that prevents advertizing hog hunts or guiding for them. They use Judas pig females that are radio tagged. They let them go to join a sounder and then zero in on the sounder and eliminate it. All done by fish and game folks. They don't want a hog hunting industry in New Mexico. You will find info few and far between. I tried a few years ago. Didn't happen.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: New Mexico hog hunting - 11/02/15 02:37 AM

I kind of figured as much, knew the law prevents any one makeing money on hog hunting. I figured that is why I can't find info. Guess I'll stay with Clarendon and check out the Canadian river between the Amarillo and Boys Ranch Bridges. Thanks for all the information
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum