Texas Hunting Forum

Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes!

Posted By: Bearclaw

Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 05:26 PM

Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 05:30 PM

Man I need to rent one of those coming up pretty quick.
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 07:53 PM

Hold up... wait a minute!

How did you get the Pulsar to zoom in to 4x ? I thought they maxed out at 2x digital zoom?

Cool video once again cheers

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs

How did you get the Pulsar to zoom in to 4x ? I thought they maxed out at 2x digital zoom?

Nope, the APEX XD50A has a 4X zoom. Maybe the S model only goes to 2X?
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 08:09 PM

Sweet vid, that Apex is pretty damn clear!

BTW that was a horrible distress call roflmao

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Txkiller
Sweet vid, that Apex is pretty damn clear!

BTW that was a horrible distress call roflmao

Yeah it was a hands free calling type situation knowing that he could jump up at any second.
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 08:32 PM

I was waiting for y'all to do like TLM and start hurling stuff at the hog. Great vid!
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Bearclaw

Dunno I got a pre-production model so maybe the retail versions are 4x, I'll ask.

Triple shooters on 1 pig is a rare vid treat, didn't sound like all were shooting 5.56 either....
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 08:54 PM

Great video. It looked liked the pig had all four hoofs off the ground at one point.

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Great video. It looked liked the pig had all four hoofs off the ground at one point.

I believe you are right!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565

I believe you are right!

Great pic
Nice I got to go back and watch video
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/05/15 10:47 PM

Awesome
What a video
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/06/15 12:14 AM

Nice video. Congrats.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/06/15 12:51 AM

up Amazing!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/06/15 03:29 AM

LOL, VERY NICE!
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/06/15 01:11 PM

Very cool video!
Posted By: png

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 05/06/15 03:31 PM

Great video.

A side question if you don't mind. Will you be able to spot snakes while walking and stalking? Wearing a night vision goggle?

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/01/15 12:02 AM

Dunno I got a pre-production model so maybe the retail versions are 4x, I'll ask.

Triple shooters on 1 pig is a rare vid treat, didn't sound like all were shooting 5.56 either....

Good ear. The APEX was on a 300 BLK, Thor was on a bushmaster 223, and the MK II was on a SCAR .308.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/01/15 12:15 AM

FUN!!!!!!!
Posted By: pigslayer10

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/01/15 12:42 AM

nicely done! gotta start saving pennies to get me a thermal!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/01/15 04:37 PM

cheers congrats on hog, popcorn have ta wait till get internet, this androidbarely shows pic's... flag
Posted By: customcutter

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/02/15 12:46 AM

Yes, I gotta be careful. I was telling someone the other day, "Well at least it's not a $30-40,000 bass boat....
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/02/15 07:17 PM

Thats awesome. What cal rifles are you using with your thermal?

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/17/15 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: STXHO
Thats awesome. What cal rifles are you using with your thermal?

The APEX was a 300 BLK, the MK II was a .308, and the ThOR 640 5X was a .223.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/17/15 11:22 PM

cool video, you all sounded like a bull in a china closet
Posted By: customcutter

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/17/15 11:30 PM

Did you ever confirm the zoom on the Apex 50A? You said your's was a pre-production model...

Re: Stalking a bedded down hog and thermal kill shots from 3 different scopes! - 06/18/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: customcutter
Did you ever confirm the zoom on the Apex 50A? You said your's was a pre-production model...

The 50A in this video is not pre-production. In fact this is the same unit that's in the rental program. The XD38 unit with PIP was pre-production, but that was only available for a few days to demo and some of the videos on your YouTube are from that XD38 unit. The Apex XD50A definitely has 4X digital zoom. I can't tell you for sure is the 50S models will have 4X digital because there have been 0 production models delivered. A good guess would be that they have 4X digital zoom, but that's just a guess. It's confusing and I wish I had more concise and accurate info to share, but we are really just guessing until I have one in my hands.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum