Texas Hunting Forum

carnivore diet - 30 day goal

Posted By: Chickenman

carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/03/20 11:33 PM

Started it today. Shooting for 30 days. I found that my carb intake was too damn high. I could decrease it but it was challenging especially while on the road living out of a service truck.

I like pizza and tortillas. I love fruits and vegetables. Beans have been my go-to for a long time. Pico, gravy, and melons as well. Those things I will miss. The rest were just fillers.

After a good weekend or weekday of eating whatever I wanted, I found that lifting weights the next day was difficult. I am not putting on muscle as fast as I should be considering the effort and program(s) I do and have worked. Workouts really do start in the kitchen.

The goal is not really weight loss but that will be measured as whatever weight I lose will offset what muscle I gain while continuing to work out.

The good news is, I can eat all the meat I want. I can still have milk, cheese, and some coffee too. The bad news is zero sugar. None.

Originally Posted by https://carnivoremd.com/the-carnivore-diet-start-here/
What is the Carnivore Diet?

Let’s start by defining what the carnivore diet is. Simply put, this is a way of eating in which we are eating only animals, no plants. Does this sound crazy? If you’re wondering about fiber, “phytonutrients,” and other things from plants that you might be missing eating this way, I would recommend listening to some of the podcasts I’ve been on where I discuss this at length. This one with Ben Greenfield, and this one Dr. Steven Gundry are particularly popular. For a list of all the podcasts I’ve been on, check here. Once we accept the notion that animal foods represent the best source of nutrients for humans without any plant toxins, we are ready to dive in to what to eat on a carnivore diet. First, however, let’s talk about the safety of the carnivore diet.

Day 1
227lbs
eggs (8+)
bacon
breakfast sausage
taco meat (ground beef)
cheese (Colby, cheddar, and Queso Fresco)

I am expected to experience the keto flu and diarrhea soon. Both I can live without especially since I am driving around all day. Will load up some clean up accessories for work tomorrow.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/04/20 01:09 AM

It’s a restrictive diet, but by all accounts I know of, it’s super effective. I’m transitioning towards it, myself.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/04/20 02:02 AM

Not sure I could do it. I like fruit and veggies to much. Oh and I eat tortillas with pretty much everything lol.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/04/20 03:45 AM

Take the advice I have you via text and salt the hell out of your food. The keto flu is due to loss of minerals mainly sodium, magnesium, and manganese. I've had the keto flu once about 7 years ago and I felt like crap for a day.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/04/20 04:43 AM

I did it last year and lost 10 quick. I had the opposite of the Keto flu. I felt great, I would love to do it for a longer stint but with a family and family meals its almost impossible. good luck.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/04/20 08:45 AM

Make sure you get alot of fat in your diet, this is what makes your hunger pains go away

Once you body resets, you will find you no longer get irritated when you get hungry

I like to mix in Avocados in my eating pattern.

I bet you if you stick to your eating goals, you will find you can easily skip breakfast in a few weeks and only eat lunch and dinner.

I am on a hybrid carnivore eating routine, I do sprinkle in some pickled jalapenos during eating meat, I eat a some avocadoes, and maybe once a month have some steamed broccoli / asparagus.

Only fast food I have had in 2020 is KFC Grilled Chicked thighs only, and I will grab me a protein burger from IN and Out every once in a while.

I cut out all sugars and carbs back in early January, My memory has improved greatly and overall I fell great.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/07/20 06:33 PM

Day 5
224lbs

Been eating a lot and I miss a lot of foods. The 3rd day was the worst. Its pretty uncomfortable to not eat what I have eaten for 40 years. I do not feel healthier and I do feel the urge to eat raw meat. Pretty sure my K9s are protruding more each day.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/08/20 01:06 AM

If you can get through two weeks it will be easier. Understand that IF you ever go back to Carbs it will come back 2 fold. This MUST be a lifestyle change.

Good luck and keep up e good work.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/08/20 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty
If you can get through two weeks it will be easier. Understand that IF you ever go back to Carbs it will come back 2 fold. This MUST be a lifestyle change.

Good luck and keep up e good work.

I would have to disagree with that statement. My wife whom is Asian got on the heavy protein no carb or sugar eating program. She went from 107 to 92lbs in 4 months.

She has went back to her normal eating routine of daily rice and carbs and sugar. She has only gained like 2 lbs in 2 months.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/08/20 12:09 PM

Oh my! Sneaky is transitioning.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/09/20 10:30 PM

Have you had a body composition analysis done?

What is your current body fat % ?

Before jumping off into any extreme diet I would first find out where I stand.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/09/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

No. My wife has though.

% is high I think considering I'm not "fat". Its pretty much all abdominal fat.

I dont see this as real extreme. It does suck bad but I eat plenty.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/09/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chickenman
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

No. My wife has though.

% is high I think considering I'm not "fat". Its pretty much all abdominal fat.

I dont see this as real extreme. It does suck bad but I eat plenty.

A meat only diet would fall into the more “ extreme “ relm than a traditional diet.

I know many in the fitness industry and even they don’t stick to a all meat diet and these are people with single digit body fat numbers.

It would be time and money well spent to even get a semi-accurate caliper measurement to get an idea on your body composition, you can get a water tank test done for more accurate results.

Also age plays a big part in it, if your an older gent who didn’t start exercising till later in life it may not be possible to change your physique a whole lot without some pharmaceutical grade components

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/14/20 11:29 PM

Day 11
219lbs (-8lbs)
Ribeye every other night. Pork chops, sausage, and eggs between. I get "full" feeling pretty quick.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/15/20 01:33 AM

Day 11
219lbs (-8lbs)
Ribeye every other night. Pork chops, sausage, and eggs between. I get "full" feeling pretty quick.

Greatness. Hang in there.
cheers
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/15/20 12:46 PM

What do you eat after the 30 days?

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/15/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock

Initially, I thought I'd go back to my texmex and fruit ways of eating but I'm not so sure now. Maybe 5 days on 2 days off. I miss la azteca corn tortillas pretty bad so I may start there with a side of 1/2 a sheet cake.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/17/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hancock

Initially, I thought I'd go back to my texmex and fruit ways of eating but I'm not so sure now. Maybe 5 days on 2 days off. I miss la azteca corn tortillas pretty bad so I may start there with a side of 1/2 a sheet cake.

roflmao Might go 60 days to get past those carb cravings.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/23/20 01:34 PM

Day 20
215.5lbs (-11.5)
10 days to go

I've been eating tbones, chorizo with eggs, and fajitas since Friday. It's a strange feeling to not be hungry very often. My random signs of being hypoglycemic are gone. Feeling pretty good.

Just ate bacon and eggs. Not because I was hungry but to get in protien early.

Limiting cheese a little to see if that impacts the weight loss.

Will remeasure today to see if any inches were lost.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/23/20 02:45 PM

Keep up the good work!
Posted By: JessicaDowd

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:48 AM

Good new information is the one which is old and forgotten. I tried by myself such diet, already for a week.
Posted By: cephus

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 01:58 PM

I'm down 23 in about a month and a half on this...best thing about it is the mental clarity and energy. I carbed out last week with my 4 year old and haven't felt worse in a long time. Like Chickenman, I was planning on reintroducing some carbs back in but just don't like how I feel eating them now. At the very least, people should give it a one month shot as a reset diet.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 04:48 PM

are there any acceptable sugar substitutes ? I love drinking sweet tea and see this as my only huge obstacle to cross in order to make this diet work.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 05:29 PM

So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?
Posted By: Cochise

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

The way I understand it - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - is that you more or less can eat as much as you want - HOWEVER - usually within a week or two - the body finally hits the reset button and you naturally start to limit what you eat because you feel full.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by EastTXbound
are there any acceptable sugar substitutes ? I love drinking sweet tea and see this as my only huge obstacle to cross in order to make this diet work.

There are a couple that people use on keto but i do know for me personally, anything sweet doesn't help with cravings at the beginning. Carnivore is a subset of keto just pretty much zero carb.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise

The way I understand it - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - is that you more or less can eat as much as you want - HOWEVER - usually within a week or two - the body finally hits the reset button and you naturally start to limit what you eat because you feel full.

Correct. no tracking calories or anything like that unless you want to and are able to do that and stay sane. The biggest key to success on carnivore (and keto) is getting enough dietary fat. So bacon, ribeyes, etc. I also cook with full fat butter to help this as well.

some people incorporate cheese's and other dairy products as well. I didn't do this for the initial month because i wanted a full detox if you will. This allows you to introduce certain things slowly and see how your body reacts to them.

you will most certainly eat less calories than you were before since it is pretty hard to eat 2k calories of meat in a day......but as your body adapts your needs change.

and the recommended 2k calories for a grown man a day, comes from the US military studying how to feed GI's back in the day...with a 60%+ carb diet. As we know, those carbs get burned first in our body so we constantly need to replenish and hence get on the roller coaster.
Posted By: JessicaDowd

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:08 PM

-

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:08 PM

Day 28
211 lbs (-16)
Currently eating on a brisket and eggs.
I don't plan on stopping my 30 day adventure but I may smoke some queso this weekend and make gravy for my eggs. Might even have some fruit.

Originally Posted by cephus

Correct.

You will probably experience a calorie deficit. Watch out for smoked sausage. Some have soy fillers and older ingredient.

I am eating less and fasting longer without being hungry or concerned about food. Its still a very foreign feeling.

As I understand it, no sugar. None. Zero. Not even honey.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:21 PM

Day 28
211 lbs (-16)
I don't plan on stopping my 30 day adventure but I may smoke some queso this weekend and make gravy for my eggs. Might even have some fruit.

Correct.

You will probably experience a calorie deficit. Watch out for smoked sausage. Some have soy fillers and older ingredient.

I am eating less and fasting longer without being hungry or concerned about food. Its still a very foreign feeling.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:31 PM

Day 28
211 lbs (-16)

[quote=TXHOGSLAYER]So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

Correct.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?[/quote]

I'm at zero. I could possibly add some carbs via veggies back in but I'm more disciplined with structure. Being in sales, its much easier for me when going out to socially eat to stick with meats.

beer and wine is a no-go but you can drink whiskey, tequila and vodka with a no-carb mixer such as carbonated water.....for all you wondering.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 08/31/20 08:40 PM

Day 28
211 lbs (-16)

[quote=Cochise][quote=TXHOGSLAYER]So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

Correct.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?[/quote]

I'm at zero. I could possibly add some carbs via veggies back in but I'm more disciplined with structure. Being in sales, its much easier for me when going out to socially eat to stick with meats.

beer and wine is a no-go but you can drink whiskey, tequila and vodka with a no-carb mixer such as carbonated water.....for all you wondering.
[/quote]

That was my next question... roflmao
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/01/20 03:23 AM

A true carnivore diet is nothing but animal products, salt, and water.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/04/20 05:42 PM

Monk Fruit seems to be the "One" now of days

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/11/20 04:44 PM

Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

I lost 2 inches on the waist. My 34 pants fit now. Will probably keep it up. I ate a grape, jalapeno, and a two pieces of carrot cake the other day though. Outside of that, its been meat and dairy only. Planning on fixin pico and queso this weekend. Going to eat like carp then get back on it.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/11/20 05:48 PM

Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

I lost 2 inches on the waist. My 34 pants fit now. Will probably keep it up. I ate a grape, jalapeno, and a two pieces of carrot cake the other day though. Outside of that, its been meat and dairy only. Planning on fixin pico and queso this weekend. Going to eat like carp then get back on it.

You the man. cheers
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/11/20 06:26 PM

up
Keep it up
Posted By: aerangis

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 09/19/20 07:12 PM

I was on a physician monitored ketosis diet for three months for research. It accomplished the same thing as a carnivore diet.

I check my blood sugar throughout the day and I try to keep it under 100 after a meal. It averages around 70-80 and dips into the 60's on occasion.

Ketosis is easy. Stay away from processed foods, starches, alcohol, fruit, sugar and diets drinks and you'll be fine. If you need a sweetner use pure Stevia, nothing else.

An easy way to monitor how you're reacting to the foods you eat is to get a cheap glucometer and test strips and check your bood glucose before and after eating. If your glucose is above 100 you're not in ketosis. I've noticed that some zero calorie drinks and sweetners raise my blood sugar. Anything that raises blood sugar (glucose) will bump you out of ketosis.
Posted By: HOF

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 11/05/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Monk fruit does not spike my glucose levels. It's a natural sweetner.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 11/05/20 02:03 AM

Since it got bumped.... I got down to 202lbs. I may blow away! Eating some avocados during the week and put out on weekends. So far, so good.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 11/05/20 02:36 AM

Tenacity.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal - 11/05/20 07:55 PM

Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

It's ok to have cheat days. And, you can technically lose weight eating cake. The key is total caloric intake. If your daily caloric intake is less than your daily caloric needs, you will lose weight.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum