Texas Hunting Forum

"If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer"

Posted By: J.G.

"If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/20/19 11:18 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...y-live-longer/ar-BBTSbtD?ocid=spartanntp

It popped up, so I opened it, and thought it was interesting.

0-20 no big deal.
After 20, they got tough.
I went to failure, which was 38. I suck!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/20/19 11:24 PM

C'mon Man! I Failed at 56, which is my age. That last one almost killed me.
Posted By: HWY72

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/20/19 11:35 PM

One of my favorites for push ups

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

I did chest and tri's yesterday.... sick
Posted By: JCB

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 12:15 AM

I do 50 every day so im good.

I heard something on the radio last year that kind of caught me by surprise though. They said if you can sit down indian style on the floor and stand up without the use of your hands or stretching your legs out then you are in really good physical shape. I consider myself to be in really good shape for my age so I tried it as soon as I got out of the truck. Its not easy but I can do it. Surprised me how hard it was though.
Posted By: helomech

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 12:17 AM

I am 45 and can still do 80 in 2 minutes. So I can still max my 18 year old pt test. I can do about 100, but not in 2 minutes.

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

I did chest today. But then I did a 15 minute plank on my 55th birthday, last year.

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by JCB
I do 50 every day so im good.

I heard something on the radio last year that kind of caught me by surprise though. They said if you can sit down indian style on the floor and stand up without the use of your hands or stretching your legs out then you are in really good physical shape. I consider myself to be in really good shape for my age so I tried it as soon as I got out of the truck. Its not easy but I can do it. Surprised me how hard it was though.

I can do that. Rough concrete is way easier than slick concrete.

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

I did chest today. But then I did a 15 minute plank on my 55th birthday, last year.

I was wearing full bunker gear, SCBA, and was on air.

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 11:01 AM

I had a Hooters waitress on my back.

Re: "If you can do this many pushups, you'll probably live longer" - 02/21/19 03:41 PM

I had a Hooters waitress on my back.

roflmao

You win! grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum