Texas Hunting Forum

Heart problems, so it begins!

Posted By: jskin

Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 07:57 PM

Well hopefully not but we will see Monday. I am having a heart cath on Monday to see what’s going on. Been to ER twice in last week for chest and shoulder pain. Passed all EKG’s and even passed a stress test. But they didn’t realize I was wearing a nitro patch when they did the stress test, so cardiologist says it’s not accurate. They have labeled the pain just muscular or pinched nerve in the ER but cardiologist thinks it may be blockage. I’m 38 so hopefully it’s not a heart issue. Just ready to get this behind me
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 09:52 PM

Wow man, prayers up. 38 is too young for all that. I hope it turns out to be something mundane.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 10:08 PM

Pray it is nothing with the heart but dang sure get it checked out. 38 is young but hear disease knows no age.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 10:15 PM

jskin, do you have a strong family history of heart disease? What were you wearing the nitro patch for, have you been having long standing chest pains with exertion?

I know of several folks that have had heart attacks in their early 30's to early 40's, good news is they are all right, bad news is they had strong family histories and the genes are tough to beat.

I wish you the best but the fact you had a nitro patch in the first place at 38 tells me there is something lurking that needs to be known about.

Be aware, some plaques in the arteries are more flattened out so they may see areas where the vessel seems to thin or lose some caliper and not put a stent or anything in, but that is still concerning as it is an area where damage will eventually occur.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 10:38 PM

Dang it Jskin, hate to hear this for you. We can get a pretty strong prayer chain going here.

Hang in there and let us know brother.

Prayers done.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 10:55 PM

I had the heart cath done almost 20 years ago. Went through the inner thigh. Got to see the whole thing on the screen. Scary, but pretty neat at the same time. Good luck, hope its nothing big..
Posted By: jskin

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/13/19 11:52 PM

To answer a few questions. Yes strong history of heart disease on all sides unfortunately. My dad has had his aortic valve replaced twice before age 60. I originally went to ER for intense stabbing pain from front left chest through shoulder blade. It was crippling pain. While in the hospital after testing my heart they finally gave me pain meds. They tried hydrocodon, morphine, nitros, and finally dilaudid which killed the pain. Amongst all of this is when I got the patch. They cleared my heart and said it was just muscle pain. Sent me home with meds. Well, 4 days later back in hospital with same intense pain. Again more meds and said the ticker is good. Followed up with cardiologist yesterday where he said he thinks it may be blockage with that kind of pain regardless of what other tests show. He said the stress test was out the window since I had the patch on. He’s also my dads doctor so he knows the history. So this is where I am today.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/14/19 12:07 AM

Payers up for you, that they find and correct the issue.

I have a couple hear arteries they wanted to stent or bypass but I have small arteries and both are too small for either. Did at least get the widow maker bypassed last year.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/14/19 12:12 AM

Prayers up.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/14/19 01:10 AM

Dang man, prayers up. If I can do anything just let me know.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/14/19 06:33 PM

Praying for you jskin, hopefully it is not your heart but you are doing the right thing getting it checked out.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Heart problems, so it begins! - 02/14/19 06:46 PM

By any chance is your dad a Vietnam veteran?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum