Texas Hunting Forum

hamstring exercise recommendation

Posted By: Cleric

hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/05/18 06:50 PM

hey all,

anyone know a good hamstring exercise that uses body mass? i am trying to avoid going to the gym and slinging weights like I used to. For most of the major muscle groups i am good but hamstrings have alluded me.

Thanks
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/05/18 10:07 PM

Unforunately this uses dumbbells, but works really well. Straight leg deadlift. It stretches them really well, also one of the other great things is the machine you use to do a leg curl.

Sorry I can't help with the body mass only part though.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/06/18 02:28 AM

You can do straight leg / romanian deadlifts with something heavy you have laying around the house. Even a backpack full of books. You could also get some resistance bands cheap and find tons of exercises online.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/06/18 03:58 AM

Try some nordic hamstring curls.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/18/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Exbellicus
You can do straight leg / romanian deadlifts with something heavy you have laying around the house. Even a backpack full of books. You could also get some resistance bands cheap and find tons of exercises online.

^^ This and always best to start with body weight until you are comfortable with the movement/form before externally loading. The hinge point is the hips. Many people fail to self correct and wind up with L4/L5 back issues quickly.

- Look up single leg RDL's (Romanian Dealift). Those can be incorporated into a warm up too.
- Inchworms or hand-walks as they are commonly called.
- Eccentric hamstring curls (this is advanced and best done with a partner however you can do a variation without a partner)
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 08/25/18 09:47 PM

GHD
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 09/16/18 02:55 AM

Bear walking is great for hamstrings, legs, core and overall mobility
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: hamstring exercise recommendation - 09/19/18 01:30 PM

Another thing I do before deadlifts is I take a 4ft long PVC pipe and put it on my back like I am going to squat it.
I then keep my legs straight and bend my torso over, dipping my chest.
This will stretch your hamstrings like crazy and is a great thing to do if you sit or drive a lot to help with your hip mobility.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum