Texas Hunting Forum

New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe

Posted By: General Guts

New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 04:58 PM

A new set of health guidelines, released by the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) says that people can reduce their risk of cancer about 40% by completely eliminating alcohol, bacon, sausage, fatty meats, and beer from their diets.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31062/out...ampaign=klicked
Posted By: mikei

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:09 PM

If you eliminate all those things, why bother continuing to live at all? confused2
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:10 PM

Crock..
Posted By: Cast

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:21 PM

Salt is also the cause of millions of deaths every year. Yeah right
Posted By: decook

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:22 PM

The one thing they don't state is the 100% chance you'll pass away some day. I'm like mikei, live it like you enjoy it.
Posted By: nak

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:25 PM

Lets see

Eggs will kill you, eliminate eggs. Oh wait, they are OK
All fats will kill you...oh wait, its only saturated fats...oh wait, we are not sure about that.
Wine, in moderation, is good for you...wait, its bad, wait, one drink a day is good for the heart,but now it causes cancer

...Water will kill you, better cut it out of your diet completely
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 05/27/18 05:31 PM

Eliminate all of that stuff and you will live longer...… … well, even if you don't actually live longer it will seem longer.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/08/18 04:09 AM

I’ll die if I can’t have all that stuff!
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/08/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Crock..

Completely. The French would have dropped like flies for the last couple of centuries
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/08/18 01:36 PM

If you live long enough, there's a 100% chance that cancer will get you. Do what's right for you. Each day is a gift. Enjoy it while you can.
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/08/18 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
If you live long enough, there's a 100% chance that cancer will get you. Do what's right for you. Each day is a gift. Enjoy it while you can.

I like that. Why are you not a mod?
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/08/18 07:03 PM

Yep, 2 of my doctors have actually said that to me.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/14/18 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: mikei
If you eliminate all those things, why bother continuing to live at all? confused2
Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

I like that. Why are you not a mod?
Posted By: snake oil

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/16/18 12:32 PM

That will change next week.....
Posted By: DannyB

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/22/18 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: nak
Lets see

Eggs will kill you, eliminate eggs. Oh wait, they are OK
All fats will kill you...oh wait, its only saturated fats...oh wait, we are not sure about that.
Wine, in moderation, is good for you...wait, its bad, wait, one drink a day is good for the heart,but now it causes cancer

...Water will kill you, better cut it out of your diet completely

I remember Johnny Carson saying something just about like that. Then he said something like, "I fully expect Surgeon General C. Everett Koop to come on the news any day and tell us that the best thing for us is a beer and a cigarette."
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: New Health Guidelines Say 'No Amount' Of Alcohol, Bacon, Or Sausage Is Safe - 06/22/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: General Guts
A new set of health guidelines, released by the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) says that people can reduce their risk of cancer about 40% by completely eliminating alcohol, bacon, sausage, fatty meats, and beer from their diets.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31062/out...ampaign=klicked

I eliminated alcohol - feel much better

don't know if that has anything to do with cancer but my liver is thanking me for it
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum