Posted By: texasag93

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/05/16 03:28 AM

.. concentration camps?
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/05/16 04:06 AM

It's simple math, no need to complicate things
Posted By: don k

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/05/16 11:30 PM

Take in less calories than you put out. It is not rocket science. Though many think it is. Or to make it even simpler. Use up more calories than you take in.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 06:40 PM

*Losing* ....Simple enough in theory, burn more calories than ingest. Much harder to put into practice.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 06:44 PM

Look at the Asians a little rice goes a long way.
Posted By: huck18

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Take in less calories than you put out. It is not rocket science. Though many think it is. Or to make it even simpler. Use up more calories than you take in.

This works until it doesn't work. The body is very adaptable so if you cut your calories eventually you will stop losing weight because the body adapts and slows the metabolism to make up for the loss of calories. This is why reverse dieting works and people can continually take in more calories a little at a time and boost the metabolism so you can eat more and still lose weight.

Anyone looking to lose fat/weight should look into Reverse Dieting and The Ketogenic Diet. They are two different methods for weight loss and they both work but do it in different ways. You can also reverse diet while eating keto for a double whammy if you really need to lose a lot of weight.
Posted By: JTS

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: don k

This
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 08:32 PM

stop eating fast food, exercise a little and you can see changes
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 09:00 PM

Simple: stop stuffing the pie hole while thinking about loosing weight, get to doing something about it.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/12/16 10:02 PM

Cut back on the Carbs.
Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/20/16 05:59 PM

Eat clean and that will also cancel out all simple carbs such as bread. Carbs that you get from vegetables and such are good for you.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/21/16 12:51 AM

Eat less, move more.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/21/16 01:21 PM

Eat right and exercise. A good diet matches good with a good work out regime. That all starts with motivation though. You have to want to lose weight and reach goals.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/21/16 01:39 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that there are three reasons for American obesity:

1. Prevalence of sugar in our diet. People are ingesting 100-300g or more per day in sugar & HFCS. 40 years ago sweets were an occasional treat, not a 3-4 times per day luxury.
2. Sedentary jobs. Nobody moves for a living anymore, we all drive computers.
3. Portion size. If you aren't burning the calories, there's no reason to eat 1500+ calories in a single meal.

In order to lose weight, address those three issues. I allow myself too many indulgences but I've dropped 40 pounds since July.

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 10/23/16 01:50 PM

I may be a fat sumbitch but I majored in kines in college and I lost about 70 lbs a few years back in a matter of three months just by keeping a ballpark count of calorie intake and limiting it to less than 1,500/day. At the time I weighed 350 lbs and work outside for a living, you may think you're gonna starve to death but split it up into three 400 calorie "main meals" and then three 100 calorie snacks in between.

Chug a bottle of water if you're hungry and it's not time to snack.

If you've got to eat fast food go with a grilled chicken sandwich with no fries and a water. Any meal with fries and a sweet tea or soft drink is gonna be 1200+ calories in itself

Don't buy into the atkinsketothriveadvocarepsychosis bs, keep it simple. Wait until you start to plateau to worry about that dumb crap, for 99% of us fat Texans it's not rocket science on losing weight.
Posted By: texretvet

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 11/01/16 12:40 AM

Meat, vegetables, water. You eat that and you will lose weight.

LOTS of water.

I get ZERO exercise and I have lost 35 pounds since June.

Soda, sweet tea, bread, potatoes, grains, pasta, etc. are your enemy.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 11/07/16 07:26 PM

People know how to lose weight...that's not the problem. It's actually doing it.

There are a lot of people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight and there those like myself who could be 300+ in no time if ate whatever I wanted. Don't tell me it's not true. In fact most people I know that don't have an issue with weight do not watch what they eat or exercise. They may not be that healthy but they aren't struggling with weight.

I am about 30 lbs over weight and can lose it pretty quick but getting started and keeping it off is a different story.

The problem is many people are addicted to food and can't shake it. I struggle with it and it is extremely difficult to kick.

Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 11/23/16 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
People know how to lose weight...that's not the problem. It's actually doing it.

There are a lot of people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight and there those like myself who could be 300+ in no time if ate whatever I wanted. Don't tell me it's not true. In fact most people I know that don't have an issue with weight do not watch what they eat or exercise. They may not be that healthy but they aren't struggling with weight.

I am about 30 lbs over weight and can lose it pretty quick but getting started and keeping it off is a different story.

The problem is many people are addicted to food and can't shake it. I struggle with it and it is extremely difficult to kick.

I agree with this. If I don't watch what I eat and exercise then I will gain weight rapidly. If I really watch what I eat then I can drop 25 lbs and feel great and weigh what I should. The problem is being that disciplined. I never knew how much my appetite is linked to stress and other things until I tried to really control it.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 11/26/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Eat less, move more.

This, plain and simple.

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/08/16 06:59 PM

21 lbs in 30 days with three thanksgivings mixed in. No ketogenetisis or pyramid schemes involved. Just do it

Posted By: postoak

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/08/16 07:42 PM

Try not eating after supper. Slow weight loss but doesn't require much will power.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/09/16 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
21 lbs in 30 days with three thanksgivings mixed in. No ketogenetisis or pyramid schemes involved. Just do it

Very nice
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/12/16 04:22 AM

I have met you. Never would I have thought you were that big.

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/12/16 12:18 PM

It's cause under this blubber I'm jacked as [censored]
Posted By: Superduty

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/13/16 01:25 AM

Good for you,..about time.

Portions. All about portions.

Keep up the good work.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: simple answer to loosing weight - 12/13/16 02:08 PM

It's cause under this blubber I'm jacked as [censored]

Haha, this cracked me up. Country strong!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum