Texas Hunting Forum

2 adult GSP bird dogs

Posted By: booskay

2 adult GSP bird dogs - 01/19/22 10:34 PM

The male is 7 yrs old,,, I never registered him because I never was going to breed him. He is one of he top 10 hunting GSP's in Texas. Besides pointing quail, he retrieves dove, duck, whatever you shoot. The female is about 5 years old , she came from Harlon Winters,, she does it all the way she's supposed to, but I would describe her as average. She does not retrieve. She has never had puppies. The male , 'Nate', will point and hold birds ( or the scent) when you get up to him , he will relocate if the birds have moved. He never bumps a covey. Both dogs have lived in a kennel, if you wanted them to live in your house, it might take some training for that. $$1,000 for both of them. I have not hunted them this year, and only twice last year,,, I want to sell them to a 'hunter' that will take them and hunt them. I will enclose link to a movie of Nate, and pic of JO-JO. Let me know if anyone is interested. I am in Temple, Tx.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 2 adult GSP bird dogs - 01/24/22 05:07 PM

I won't need the dog box for my truck any more, so I will throw that into the deal, looking to place them with hunters, not just as pets. FYI, Nate will out retrieve any Labrador any of your friends have, he will stand outside of the blind and not move a muscle until after you shoot, then he is in the water after the birds. Same thing with doves.
[Linked Image]

Re: 2 adult GSP bird dogs - 02/10/22 11:57 PM

sold
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: 2 adult GSP bird dogs - 02/11/22 12:53 PM

Love happy endings.
Posted By: tigger

Re: 2 adult GSP bird dogs - 02/11/22 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Love happy endings.

All is well that ends well.