Texas Hunting Forum

AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud

Posted By: H-Town Hunter

AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/22/15 04:24 AM

Have an AKC black lab named Colt. He is currently in training for his JH and is expected (from the trainer) to get it extremely easy. Colt is an amazing companion and is one of those dogs who is just a natural born hunter. At the young age of about 5 and a half months he was already making blind retrieves. He is almost 7 months and has about 3 months left of training. I am currently taking down times when people would want him for stud (first come first serve) if you would like more information about Colt like bloodlines or stud fee or just him as a hunter and companion feel free to text me at 832-362-8687. You can also PM me on here as i am on here quite often. When it gets closer to the time he is supposed to come home I will have another post about him. Should be getting more pictures of him soon and i believe a video as well of him at work.

Thank yall for yalls intrest and i am looking forward to hearing from yall.
Posted By: maximumintensityretriever

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/22/15 01:39 PM

eek2 popcorn
Posted By: Troubador

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/22/15 02:41 PM

this is a joke right?

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/22/15 03:57 PM

Well judging by the responses i have already received i would have to say no this is not a joke. cheers back

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/22/15 09:26 PM

so you are offering your dog as a stud who isnt even old enough to have his ofa's done? who is his trainer?

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/23/15 12:27 AM

John paul suits. Real nice guy. He owns dixie land retrievers i would definitely recommend him.
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/23/15 01:03 AM

Don't think I would trust any pro who recommends breeding before all certs are done. What does a JH title consist of singles at 60 yds?

Robby
Posted By: maximumintensityretriever

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/23/15 01:18 AM

John is a great trainer and I'm sure your dog will pull out a junior title but what people are going to want to know is at this point in the dogs career what is it that makes you think his genes are worthy of passing on? At this point we don't know if the dog has good hips, elbows, has PRA, CNM, EIC. We most likely don't even know at this point if the dog can count past two.

You will not have the answer to most of these questions until the dog is over two years old. By that time you should be able to answer the question "what qualities does this dog have that I want to pass on to future progeny that better the breed?"

Black males are a dime a dozen. Unless you have an HRCH, MH, QAA, or have made the derby list by that time you are going to be limited in who will want to breed to you. That all takes a time and monetary commitment.

On top of that the pedigree behind him had better be good unless he wins a national.

Not trying to be mean but this is why people are shocked you are putting this out there at this time.

Good luck with your pup.

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/23/15 02:24 AM

Ok look people i in no way shape or form am trying to put John Suits name out there like he did something wrong? This is 100% on me and what i said came from me not him. He is a very trust worthy man and i am sorry if i misled yall. I will be putting up another post with my apologies and hopefully this one will be taken down. Im just excited about my dog and am a bit new to this. I tried expressing his character in the best way i could because I have seen what he can do. Thank you to those who posted on here to help me out and not be rude. And to the others that are just looking to ridicule and not be helpful. We where all new at one point in time. So again im sorry if i mislead some of you. And when i have everything sorted out i will come back and do things the RIGHT way. Thank you all and have a great night.

Re: AKC Black Lab WILL be up for stud - 10/23/15 03:28 AM

i dont think anyone was trying to be rude, YOU came here offering your 7mo old dog up for stud. health testing aswell as alot of other things should be evaluated way before a dog should be considered for breeding. a JH is not really a big deal. it shows the dog cn retrieve60-100 yards and return with it. i do wish you look with him and he is agood looking pup.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum