Texas Hunting Forum

Proud new owner

Posted By: HornSlayer

Proud new owner - 05/11/22 09:15 PM

Bought this knife from another member the other day and could not be happier. It’s a very rare Loveless pattern made by M. Lovett from Gatesville. I’ve known Mike for a couple decades and always wanted one of his knives. Mike was the apprentice for Jim Merritt and Bob Loveless. This knife was made 40 years ago before Mike acquired the Loveless Nude label he used on knives made in the late 90’s up to his retirement. Mike got permission to use the logo after Bod and Jim retired. Today this knife made in the Loveless shop will set you back 5 grand. Hope you enjoy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: Proud new owner - 05/11/22 11:55 PM

Nice Knife. I bet the guy you got it from is a super nice guy. lol I hope you enjoy.

I may sell a few more down the road
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Proud new owner - 05/12/22 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Slick Head
Nice Knife. I bet the guy you got it from is a super nice guy. lol I hope you enjoy.

I may sell a few more down the road

That is a nice knife and he IS a super nice guy!!! grin
I'm ready to see what else you have in the collection!!haha
Posted By: ShaneA

Re: Proud new owner - 05/13/22 03:49 AM

that is cool
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Proud new owner - 05/14/22 04:56 AM

Love the shape
Posted By: pop r

Re: Proud new owner - 05/14/22 09:03 PM

Very nice! up
Posted By: Loveless Knives

Re: Proud new owner - 05/15/22 05:14 PM

Very nice example of Mikes fine work. Just to be clear though, Jim never retired, he worked almost up till the time he passed away and the Loveless Shop has never been closed and is still open today. Thanks for sharing the great pics of your knife.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Proud new owner - 05/16/22 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Loveless Knives
Very nice example of Mikes fine work. Just to be clear though, Jim never retired, he worked almost up till the time he passed away and the Loveless Shop has never been closed and is still open today. Thanks for sharing the great pics of your knife.

Thanks for your response. I think I can speak for the forum. We are glad you found us here and hope to see pictures of your work and hear about new projects your working on from time to time. I will try to get an admin to edit my post. This forum only allows edits for a short period of time by the original poster.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum