Texas Hunting Forum

Lost my Case Trapper

Posted By: Sirrah243

Lost my Case Trapper - 12/28/21 06:56 PM

I lost my Case Trapper. I've had that knife for 17 years and it's up and gone. I'm wondering if the new case knives are as good as the ones made back in the day? If not then what full size trapper would you recommend? It would be a daily carry and I use it for skinning coon, fox, and occasionally I'll gut and skin a hog with it.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/28/21 11:49 PM

I love all my cases and they’re all newer.
Posted By: badger2b

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/28/21 11:50 PM

Case still makes a fine knife, bought several over the past years.

Check out deadwoodknives.com
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/28/21 11:54 PM

A yellow handled trapper is always in my pack. It's my go-to. Given to me by my brother.
Posted By: fredgus

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/28/21 11:55 PM

got mine in my pocket right now kinda like an old colt pistol just feels right in your hand. all that aside i would get on ebay and buy another older case they are just better in my opinion
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 08:24 AM

I really like Moore maker knives. https://www.mooremaker.com/store/c1/www.mooremaker.com

I have had mine since 1994.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sirrah243
I lost my Case Trapper. I've had that knife for 17 years and it's up and gone. I'm wondering if the new case knives are as good as the ones made back in the day? If not then what full size trapper would you recommend?

Of course, in the last 17 years new steels have been developed. Seems like every year there is a new Stainless Steel produced. You'll just have to do some investigating to see what your preference is.

I'm sure the new ones are as good as the old ones maybe even better.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 01:01 PM

Boker Tree Brand!
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 06:52 PM

I lost my yellow one with carbon steel, sure liked it better than today's version.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 07:00 PM

I like the new stainless Case trapper. I’ve had one in my pocket for 5 years and can’t say anything bad about it.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 12/30/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sirrah243
I lost my Case Trapper. I've had that knife for 17 years and it's up and gone. I'm wondering if the new case knives are as good as the ones made back in the day? If not then what full size trapper would you recommend? It would be a daily carry and I use it for skinning coon, fox, and occasionally I'll gut and skin a hog with it.

Me, for a EDC, a Havalon Baracuta. Now if I was to buy a traditional folder it would be a Fry or a Kabisch.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/03/22 10:23 PM

I am a Moore Maker fan, myself. I have several and they are all well-made.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/04/22 12:27 AM

I somehow lose a Case about once a year

At one time, I had 10-12 NIB in my drawer...I'm down to 2

I have wanted but have never owned a Hen and Rooster
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/04/22 02:59 AM

Does Benchmade still make folders?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/05/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Boker Tree Brand!

This or eye brand
Posted By: Savage243

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/05/22 02:33 PM

My father in law has an extensive collection of case knives. I bet he could replace the exact one that you lost. If you are interested, let me know and we can look and see what he has. I am pretty sure that he has just about any style knife that case has produced over the years.
Posted By: Ridinbackwards

Re: Lost my Case Trapper - 01/10/22 04:47 AM

Yellow handle carbon steel Case trapper is just about the best knife I own. And I have a few.

Case makes a single blade trapper that is a lock blade, with a pocket clip. I think I may have to buy one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum