Texas Hunting Forum

amazing

Posted By: rex47

amazing - 09/14/20 03:18 PM

i look at lots of knives on net. It is simply amazing to me how some 'KNIFE MAKERS" can make a knife and sheath and offer to sell for $20.00 to $30.00
Posted By: MikeC

Re: amazing - 09/14/20 03:25 PM

Those are usually made in Pakistan, India or China. $20.00 to $30.00 wouldn't pay for the materials I use in my knives. Much less the sheath.
What irritates me are the ones that buy their blades, slap some scales on them and call them "CUSTOMS" but it happens all the time. Nothing wrong with using blades that someone bought as long as they are up front and honest about it.
Posted By: rex47

Re: amazing - 09/14/20 07:31 PM

To me if the maker doesn't think enough of it to put his name on it, he needn't think i think enough of it to buy it.

Re: amazing - 09/15/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by rex47
To me if the maker doesn't think enough of it to put his name on it, he needn't think i think enough of it to buy it.

Agreed and if a maker doesn't have sole authorship of a knife they shouldn't put their name on it either. In my opinion that's a flat out lie!
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: amazing - 09/15/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC
Those are usually made in Pakistan, India or China. $20.00 to $30.00 wouldn't pay for the materials I use in my knives. Much less the sheath.
What irritates me are the ones that buy their blades, slap some scales on them and call them "CUSTOMS" but it happens all the time. Nothing wrong with using blades that someone bought as long as they are up front and honest about it.

I agree with you bro, especially on those that slap scales and call it CUSTOM. . I now how hard I work to stamp my Jank on a blade.

Re: amazing - 09/16/20 12:48 AM

I hear ya brother, a lot of sweat and often blood goes into every blade that I make.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum