Texas Hunting Forum

Wicked Edge

Posted By: TLew

Wicked Edge - 04/14/20 10:14 PM

Looking at buying a Gen 3 Pro but figured I would toss it out to the group here. Any reason besides cost that I should pick one up? On the cost topic, any where I can get a little break?
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Wicked Edge - 04/15/20 02:35 PM

Lots of money, I've heard good and bad. My understanding is the vise is weak. I can't say I've never used one. I know personally I wouldn't spend that much money on one. If I was going to buy a sharpener I'd buy a Ken Onion "Work Sharp" whole lot less money and fewer things that can go wrong.

Just my opinion bro.

Re: Wicked Edge - 04/15/20 03:18 PM

Appreciate the opinion. I'm actually looking at a Wicked Edge because my work sharp broke! Guess there is no bulletproof solution out there
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Wicked Edge - 04/15/20 03:48 PM

I've had the fortune to use one a few times before and absolutely loved it.
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Wicked Edge - 04/15/20 04:28 PM

I never used one either but have heard good things about it and the worksharp... I started sharpening a long time ago on an Edge pro Apex and it was a good system and should be a little cheaper than Wicked Edge if you are looking at other options
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Wicked Edge - 06/03/20 05:05 PM

My Ken Onion does a great job !
Posted By: hoghunter284

Re: Wicked Edge - 06/06/20 02:38 AM

I have one and it will put an edge on a knife that is amazing. I love mine.

Re: Wicked Edge - 06/12/20 08:55 PM

I ended up getting one -- couldn't be happier with the investment! Took a few knives to get the angle right, but now they are like a dream.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Wicked Edge - 07/21/20 06:10 PM

looks bad arse
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wicked Edge - 07/21/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hoghunter284
I have one and it will put an edge on a knife that is amazing. I love mine.

Listen to this guy^^^^

If he says its sharp, its SHARP! He can sharpen a knife better than anyone I have ever seen and if he says its a good sharpener than you can bank on it!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum