Texas Hunting Forum

Bird and Trout Knife

Posted By: MikeC

Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 02:01 AM

My version anyway. Damascus blade with black Palm scales with red liners and copper pins. 7" overall and 4" tip to scales.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 02:25 AM

Nice!!!
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 02:11 PM

Good job, I always keep some black palm. It sells knives. Let me share this with you, next time you work some black palm brush on some min wax wood hardener let it dry and buff it... I came across it by mistake a few years ago when I had one that was losing some of the grain. Works like a champ. I made and sold this one last week. It's in Ohio today. grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 02:22 PM

Beautiful....

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bjankowski
Good job, I always keep some black palm. It sells knives. Let me share this with you, next time you work some black palm brush on some min wax wood hardener let it dry and buff it... I came across it by mistake a few years ago when I had one that was losing some of the grain. Works like a champ. I made and sold this one last week. It's in Ohio today. grin
[Linked Image]

The problem I see with the minwax is that it will blush out to a smoky white after it gets wet. I have some in the shop and have tested it against water contact and it blushed every time.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 03:44 PM

I've made a lot of kitchen knives from it, I just brush it on and even before it dries, I buff it, so far I've never had an issue. You just weren't holding your tongue right. clap roflmao

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 06:10 PM

Probably!!!
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 08:16 PM

Very nice knife, but 3" is to short for a handle... just sayin cheers

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC
My version anyway. Damascus blade with black Palm scales with red liners and copper pins. 7" overall and 4" tip to scales.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Typo on my part overall is actually 7.5"

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/05/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longhunter
Very nice knife, but 3" is to short for a handle... just sayin cheers

That was a typo on my part. hammer Overall is 7.5" so the handle is 3.5". It feels good in the hand and you don't need an axe handle to take a bird or fish apart with a sharp blade.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/06/19 12:05 AM

I will need one of those eventually up
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/06/19 12:31 AM

Awesome knife Mike, love the scales. I notice it already sold, someone is going to be very pleased. cheers

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/06/19 02:41 AM

I've got one in a similar profile with a 154CM stainless blade and Green Canvas Micarta scales but I haven't decided if I want to sell it or just keep it and use it confused2
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/08/19 02:20 PM

Very Nice!
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Bird and Trout Knife - 05/09/19 01:36 AM

Nice. Forrest
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum