Texas Hunting Forum

Bar B Que Set.

Posted By: bjankowski

Bar B Que Set. - 03/05/19 02:44 PM

I've been smoking meat over 50 years, my son's are well into being grill masters. I've always wanted the all around bar b que knife. One that chops, slices, cuts ribs with ease and can quarter a chicken. Also I've never bought a carving fork that was worth a flip. I believe the 14" OAL 9 1/2 blade will do all of the above. The fork is heat treated and tempered like the blade, it will hold up anything a person has enough strength to pick up.
I'm going to add this to my line of knives. This is only the first coat on the kingwood handle. I like to put on a coat and re-sand the next day. It swells the gain and I can identify any scratches on it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/05/19 05:04 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/05/19 05:41 PM

Now if you can just manage to keep it. up

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/05/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC

I can't pay my bills by keeping them. roflmao... I have plenty of my own personal bar b que knives. The one thing I don't like about most of mine is I made most of them out of some .187 stock. Too thick for slicing, they do chop like a monster.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/06/19 09:41 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/06/19 01:11 PM

cheers

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/06/19 01:19 PM

Sold before I could get the second coat on them and have orders for more, my kitchen knives sales are increasing every month.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/06/19 11:09 PM

I knew it! I've finally learned that if I want to keep one then I never post a picture of it. roflmao

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/07/19 03:45 PM

I knew it! I've finally learned that if I want to keep one then I never post a picture of it. roflmao

You're absolutely right Mike, I can't turn down cash... I am going to work on a set of tongs that don't bend and are strong enough to turn over a brisket. I'm going to fire up the forge and I have an idea of how to make it, also need to create a good Spachelor that should complete a full bar b que set. I'd like to keep the price affordable but it should be a set that lasts a lifetime.
Good kitchen utensils are not only essential but become a big part of my business nowadays. I always have a set of kitchen knives to make almost every week. I don't post everything I make and sell on here, I just like to every now and then rub elbows with you long time friends.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/07/19 04:13 PM

Hey guys, I’ve got a fork that hasn’t bent on me. You might try it’s design -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LG

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/08/19 05:10 PM

nice!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Bar B Que Set. - 03/24/19 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by LG
nice!