Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell?

Posted By: mikei

Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/27/17 09:41 PM

I got one of his knives as a Christmas present and would like to know more about him. I tried searching the 'net, but I come up with some Asian-looking advertisement for tires!
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/28/17 03:52 AM

I've never heard of him; he's not in the Texas Knifemakers Guild.

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/28/17 01:29 PM

Thanks, Jank! I guess he's not too well known. His logo is the State of Texas map with an "N" in the middle of it, and the person who gave me the knife said that Norell uses old sawmill blades as his blanks and then shapes and heat treats them. He also makes his own sheaths.

Posted By: Single Shot

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/29/17 04:20 AM

There was a Norvell knives in Brady a few years ago. The one a friend has was made in 2014.

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/29/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Single Shot
There was a Norvell knives in Brady a few years ago. The one a friend has was made in 2014.

Thanks, SingleShot; I'm still poking around trying to find out some more information.
Posted By: timberghost

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/29/17 10:46 PM

His name is Will Norvell. I had a knife ftom him in a salted wood pecan that was stunning.
Posted By: Jason Fry

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/31/17 09:15 PM

Agree, Will Norvell. Pastor at Redeemer church on 71. Active on Texas Bowhunting Forum and FB. Nice fella.

Re: Anyone ever heard of a knife maker in Brady named Norell? - 12/31/17 11:41 PM

Thanks a lot, timberghost and Jason! It was frustrating to do a search and not be able to find anything about the guy or his work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum