Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to buy custom knives

Posted By: Da' Hitman

Looking to buy custom knives - 12/06/17 04:58 AM

I'm looking to buy custom knives for my son's, my dad, and myself for Christmas gifts. I know it's impossible to have knives made in time, but I'm hoping to find some beautiful hunting knives. I love Damascus blades and really like red liners and red epoxy filled mosaic pins. I would like to visit the websites of the knife makers here in hopes of finding the perfect Christmas presents. Please post links to your sites if you have knives available for purchase that might fit what I'm looking for.
Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/06/17 11:47 PM

You’ve come to the right place. Lots of guys make decorative knives using exotic materials here. Good luck.

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/07/17 10:49 PM

I really like the knives made with antler/horn for handles. I don't know much about knives and this will be my first custom knife purchase. I thought it would make nice Christmas gifts for the guys in my family too
Posted By: Andrew Griggs

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/10/17 01:07 AM

I've got a few that I'm finishing up that will be available and some that are already on the website.
Posted By: Ackley_improved

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/10/17 03:13 AM

None better than Gene Ingram, drop point, in S30v as it should be.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/11/17 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Ackley_improved
None better than Gene Ingram, drop point, in S30v as it should be.

You might get one from Gene in time for Christmas 3 years from now! He normally has a long backlog.

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/11/17 03:34 AM

I need to clarify that I'm looking for knives under $100. I have seen several absolutely gorgeous knives in here but unfortunately I can't afford most of them, as beautiful as they are
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/11/17 04:32 PM

You might find someone to make some in that price range using bought blades
but cheap Damascus blades are imported and of questionable quality. Then they aren't true customs even though some people pass them off as custom knives when in fact they aren't.
Posted By: randallss7

Re: Looking to buy custom knives - 12/11/17 06:58 PM

here is a link to a website that sells good quality pre made blades, heat treated and ready for handle. There are a lot of people who handle these blanks but I'm not sure you are going to get it for 100.00. However you can call these girls, they will sell you everything you need to put them together yourself in varying degrees of finish. You might be able to put a few together yourself if you so choose. They can also tell you some people who put them together for sale.

http://www.knifemaking.com/product-p/j3689.htm
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum