Texas Hunting Forum

Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ??

Posted By: ronlhodges

Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ?? - 12/05/17 05:46 PM

This old Boker made in Soligen Germany was my dads before he passed in 2005 . I think he bought it back in the late 60s' but not sure . Can anyone tell me how I can find out just how old it is ?? Not for sale , it's a family treasure . Sharp as a razor , he cut a lot and whittled a lot with this knife over the years .

Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ?? - 12/06/17 06:37 PM

I watch knives on ebay a lot especially those Boker folders. Try searching Old Boker on ebay. If nothing else it's a start.
Posted By: 9x19

Re: Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ?? - 12/07/17 01:23 PM

You may be able to find out more at the All About Pocket Knives website.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/index.php?sid=8edc9e9a39eae0d4186239e3d93982f6
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ?? - 12/08/17 01:51 PM

That's a good old knife! Any of them made in Solingen back in the day are. Today, not so much. The All About Pocketknives is a good website with quite a bit of info. And you can clean it up some and won't really hurt the value. But it's tedious work. There's some stuff called Colonel Brassy that will clean every inch of that thing, but you have to be careful with it on guns because it'll take the blue right off. Don't ask me how I know, lol. But it would clean those bolsters and blades up. Heck, that little knife would probably make a good every day carry knife, if you weren't afraid to lose it or pry on something, lol.
Posted By: ronlhodges

Re: Old BOKER Soligen Germany knife question ?? - 12/11/17 02:51 PM

I contacted BOKER and sent them some pictures . They told me from the Stamp on the blade they could tell it was made in the 60s' which makes it about right cause my dad moved us to E.Texas in 66' and I know he had it then . Thanks for everyones input !
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum