Texas Hunting Forum

The Recon

Posted By: bjankowski

The Recon - 06/29/17 01:51 AM

Since this design has a Tactical look I decided to all it The Recon. I like the way this 9 1/2 in knife feels in my hand. I'm just tossing it out seeing what kind of feedback I get before I decide to go into production with them.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: The Recon - 06/29/17 11:40 AM

Very nice. up

I have one very similar that S. Potts made me. It's in stainless 35cpm I believe. He bead blasted the finish. I like the stainless for survival type knives.
Posted By: 68A

Re: The Recon - 06/29/17 12:38 PM

I like it.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: The Recon - 06/29/17 08:20 PM

up

I'd buy one.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: The Recon - 06/30/17 01:16 AM

I like the profile but it looks to me like that exposed spine with the file work would be a little hard on your hand.

Re: The Recon - 06/30/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
I like the profile but it looks to me like that exposed spine with the file work would be a little hard on your hand.

Actually I thought the same thing but it's not, actually those spines are made for better grip. I test the crap out of all my knives before I sell them, that knife "Will cut" clap
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: The Recon - 06/30/17 06:43 PM

I really like that !!
Posted By: conifer

Re: The Recon - 06/30/17 10:51 PM

I second the concern about the exposed spine.......and also about the NEED for it. If it's only there for looks, I would remove it.

Re: The Recon - 07/01/17 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: conifer

I second the concern about the exposed spine.......and also about the NEED for it. If it's only there for looks, I would remove it.

It's certainly not for looks, I don't do anything for looks, it's for grip and it works... I chopped a 2x4 with it and I doubt cleaning wild game would put it through a more rigorous workout. The spines on the back are not sharp and the edges have a radius.
Posted By: LG

Re: The Recon - 07/03/17 08:32 PM

I like it!
Posted By: TXAg08

Re: The Recon - 07/03/17 08:43 PM

beautiful knife.

Re: The Recon - 07/04/17 03:16 PM

My son fell in love with it, so he now owns it... among a Brazilian others. laugh God only knows how many of my knives he has.
Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

Re: The Recon - 07/04/17 11:09 PM

Nice work.
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: The Recon - 07/28/17 08:50 PM

Very nice
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: The Recon - 07/29/17 03:14 AM

Well done bob
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: The Recon - 07/30/17 02:32 AM

I really like it. Well done sir
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: The Recon - 07/31/17 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
My son fell in love with it, so he now owns it... among a Brazilian others. laugh God only knows how many of my knives he has.

I have a few of your blades myself! Not alot maybe 5-6? But that could be considered alot by some standards! I like the looks of the Recon!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum