Texas Hunting Forum

Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!!

Posted By: chopsknives

Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 12:32 AM

Alright got this here Trophy knife done for Creekrunner on here!! I think She turned out Great!! First we got Impala for the Bolsters with three pins in it - gotta look purdy hard!! Then we've got a piece of the Giraffe Bone in the Natural state! Next we've got Cape Buffalo with some Serious Sentimental Value. And Finally my version of said Giraffe Bone for the Handles! The Cape Buffalo was the biggest challenge but obviously the most important piece - Problem was that caliber really sends some serious fractures all the way through it!! Erica did a nice job on the mans last chance sheath!! You if these two don't do it better grab the knife!!
I sure hope you like Her Kent!! Thanx Man!! Was an Honor to do this one!! First Pic Says a Lot!! I'll let Kent chime in on that!!

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 12:58 AM

Beautiful work!!!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 01:04 AM

Beauty of a knife for sure. Congrats Creekrunner on a true family heirloom. cheers
Posted By: rborn

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 01:09 AM

Beautiful work Sir.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 01:38 AM

Amazing work as always Tim...Erica does awesome leather work too.....

Great looking knife...... cheers
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 01:46 AM

Wow. Beautiful work sir. You are a true master of your craft. Amazing knife.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 02:02 AM

That is awsome looking. Love the history behind the components.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 02:38 AM

Wow. That is outstanding sir. up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 07:01 PM

that is a beauty
Posted By: Cast

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 08:21 PM

Wow. Beeeutiful.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/26/16 10:28 PM

That is a beautiful knife!
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: txmudder

This for sure.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 02:47 AM

Amazing Tim! Creek runner has an awesome knife with a cool story and memories forever.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: txmudder
up
Posted By: Western

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 01:04 PM

WOW! One good looking knife and sheath!
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 07:42 PM

Beautiful knife. But then again, I haven't seen one of yours that wasn't.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/27/16 09:37 PM

Outstanding and unique. Enjoy it Kent. cheers
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/28/16 02:18 PM

That looks awesome! Nicely done
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/28/16 05:28 PM

Nice
Posted By: chopsknives

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/29/16 12:11 PM

Hey Thanx Yall!! Erica talked to Kent and he's waiting till he has this Baby in his hands to chime in!!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/29/16 10:45 PM

Thanks Tim. I received the knife this afternoon. It's just the right size. Maybe I won't try to filet my left thumb using this one! I will carry and use it for many years. I wanted the two cartridges on the sheath 'cause I sometimes hunt with a Ruger #1 and I'd seen a while back that Cricket had made a hunting knife with a holder on the sheath for two rounds, but has since discontinued the knife.

The impala, giraffe, and cape buffalo were all taken in Zim with PH Ian Gibson, from '99 to '11. As I've posted on here previously, he was killed in April of '15 by a bull elephant bull in musth. He'd stayed at our house that January, between the DSC and SCI shows, and was excited about taking a client that was a paraplegic, but had already hunted many strenuous hunts in the U.S. They were taking a rest after several HOURS of tracking a bull, when Ian and his lead tracker Robert (he's between me and the bull giraffe's horns below; super reserved and quiet Ndebele; coolest man I've ever hunted with) went ahead to check out the bull. The bull charged, Robert tried to distract him, Ian may have gotten off a shot out of his legendary, and well-worn Win. .458, but was killed.

The impala is from '99, the first time I went over. The cape buffalo was from 2010. We'd tracked a bull for a tiny ways from the truck and Ian turned and said "There he is. Shoot him between the eyes." The bull was facing us with his head down...at about 15 yards. I'm not what you'd call "stellar" under pressure and I pulled the shot down and to the right, hitting him in the sinus (.375H&H). He was stunned, but turned to the right slowly and we (Ian and I) both started unloading. Ian's .458. went through the bull's neck and knocked off a chip of horn. We found it in the grass and I saved it. That's what's on the knife. The giraffe is from '11.

>>>Thanks again Tim for a beautiful knife. And Thank you Ian for the good times.

Cheers mate. See you on the other side.

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/30/16 07:37 PM

Great knife, great story, great all around! up
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 06/30/16 07:46 PM

Pretty good looking knife and sheath.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 07/03/16 08:52 PM

Awesome knife
And story
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 07/05/16 03:12 PM

Great story CR up
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Trophy Knife for Creekrunner - Impala, Giraffe and Cape Buffalo!! - 07/08/16 03:15 AM

Awesome knife and story to go with. Many memories there. up

Walter
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum