Texas Hunting Forum

Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger

Posted By: Capt.JVH

Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/19/15 01:44 PM

A few months back I posted up that I needed a sheath made for my Bill Middlebrook skinner. I was directed towards Dink Dodger. All I can say is WOW! He was great to deal with and made me one heck of a sheath. The gator is mine, I shot it last season at Mad Island WMA with my bow. I have had the tanned leather sitting in my office waiting on some projects. I had mentioned it to Dink and he took on the challenge head on. Now I am pretty sure he is getting the rest of it to make me a gun scabbard, rifle sling, etc.. Anyway, the pics do not do it justice. I needed a piece that could stand up to the craftsmanship of the knife and I wholeheartedly believe that this sheath does just that. Thanks again Dink!

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/19/15 01:50 PM

That's REAL NICE! Even nicer that you had a hand in it too. Congrats!
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/19/15 02:08 PM

Dink sent me a pic of that sheath earlier this week. He does 90% of my sheaths these days and does a great job. He's the man when it comes to leather work.
Posted By: Temple

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/20/15 01:19 AM

Very nice!!
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/20/15 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
That's REAL NICE! Even nicer that you had a hand in it too. Congrats!

Beautiful. up up
Posted By: mikei

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/20/15 02:29 AM

That's some beautiful work!
Posted By: hectic

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/21/15 02:24 PM

Yup, Mike does awesome Leather work.. That looks sweet....
Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/22/15 02:36 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments. This is the first gator hide I have worked with. I was a bit nervous knowing that John had harvested it himself and preserved the hide. John was very patient allowing me to take my time and gave me full freedom to create the sheath. His only request was that it complimented the knife.
Thanks again John for trusting me with your trophy. I hope you enjoy it for many years.
Posted By: mreed

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/22/15 03:52 PM

Very nice! up
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Alligator sheath by Dink Dodger - 09/22/15 03:58 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum