Texas Hunting Forum

Lets see your Heirloom Blades

Posted By: SouthWestIron

Lets see your Heirloom Blades - 09/09/15 09:32 PM

Picked this bad boy up in Sweetwater at the roundup earlier this year. Like it so much I'm going to get two more made for my boys. Hopefully these will be heirloom blades they pass onto to their kids and grandkids.
Posted By: Undercoverdog

Re: Lets see your Heirloom Blades - 09/28/15 12:34 AM

up Nice Knife.
Posted By: hetman

Re: Lets see your Heirloom Blades - 09/28/15 12:50 PM

I have a bunch of knives and will have my heirloom as soon a I can talk Mr. Fisk into building me one of his Sendero blades with the dog star Damascus w/ engraving. on 2nd thought I probably would never pass it down . I would have them bury it with me for all eternity LOL

That is a nice blade too pass on. My family has a tradition when you take a new hunter out and they get there first buck that you give them your knife that you are carrying at the time as long as it has been used for hunting and skinning ( ie-no new knives) and I have had to give away a few of my favorite knives, so now I am a little more careful which knife I carry when taking out a hunter for there first time.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Lets see your Heirloom Blades - 09/28/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: hetman
I have a bunch of knives and will have my heirloom as soon a I can talk Mr. Fisk into building me one of his Sendero blades with the dog star Damascus w/ engraving. on 2nd thought I probably would never pass it down . I would have them bury it with me for all eternity LOL

That is a nice blade too pass on. My family has a tradition when you take a new hunter out and they get there first buck that you give them your knife that you are carrying at the time as long as it has been used for hunting and skinning ( ie-no new knives) and I have had to give away a few of my favorite knives, so now I am a little more careful which knife I carry when taking out a hunter for there first time.

Great tradition!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum