Texas Hunting Forum

ESEE knives

Posted By: blackcoal

ESEE knives - 08/08/15 06:31 PM

Any one have them and use them? Seem to have a good reputation and actually the best warranty I have seen. Sort of like the idea that they have a few base models rather than 2000 SKUs.
Posted By: Earl

Re: ESEE knives - 08/08/15 10:51 PM

I don't have one yet but will be buying an ESEE 6 myself. Earl
Posted By: bw94

Re: ESEE knives - 08/08/15 11:07 PM

I've been looking at the 6 too
Posted By: nsmike

Re: ESEE knives - 08/08/15 11:40 PM

Just keep in mind it's 1095 steel and rusts easily so you need to take care of it. On the flip side it has a reputation for superior edge retention and ease of sharpening.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: ESEE knives - 08/08/15 11:54 PM

I thought about buying one but I wouldn't use it I love my bushmonkey's too much
Posted By: cazador1022

Re: ESEE knives - 08/09/15 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I thought about buying one but I wouldn't use it I love my bushmonkey's too much

+1 on the bushmonkey
Posted By: ChasCZ

Re: ESEE knives - 08/09/15 08:58 AM

I've had the 4 for a couple of years and really like it. No rust. the blade has a coating on it. The way I forget things I got the one with the orange handle and it's "found" it's self for me 3 times. Really a nice knife for the money.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: ESEE knives - 08/09/15 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: nsmike
Just keep in mind it's 1095 steel and rusts easily so you need to take care of it. On the flip side it has a reputation for superior edge retention and ease of sharpening.

They make a 440 stainless also.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: ESEE knives - 08/10/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: cazador1022
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

+1 on the bushmonkey

X2 on my Bushmonkey knives
Posted By: Jerry Fisk

Re: ESEE knives - 08/10/15 07:03 AM

I design for Whiteriver knife company. We have a very comfortabe good edge holding few hunters. I keep a few on hand here at the shop. These are not made to just sell, i put a lot of thought and pigs on the ground to do the testing and tweaking of the design till i was happy with it.
Posted By: furdown

Re: ESEE knives - 09/02/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Originally Posted By: nsmike

They make a 440 stainless also.

They do not have the warranty that the 1095 carbon steel has though. I have a 3 that's a edc. They are strong as he!!, and will get stupid sharp.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: ESEE knives - 09/02/15 03:40 PM

Thanks for the info from everyone. Have been doing my research on the different blade forums during this time. Last night I ordered a Model 3 and an Izula and for fun I ordered three of the "arrowheads". With the four Benchmades I bought in July from a THF member and the three customs that I got from Fry and Crawford my Xmas shopping is almost complete. Now I have till Xmas for someone to jerk my nerves or yank my chain and these knives will go in my tackle boxes. Man can have too many women and too many guns but never too many knives.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: ESEE knives - 09/02/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Man can have too many women and too many guns but never too many knives.

cheers
Posted By: Earl

Re: ESEE knives - 09/02/15 06:58 PM

I ended up getting an ESEE too - CM6. I'm liking it, thinking about an IZULA 2 and the Laser Strike with the arrowheads under the scales.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum