Texas Hunting Forum

Enchanted Rock Hunt

Posted By: TxHuntFish

Enchanted Rock Hunt - 09/28/22 02:18 PM

Drawn for antlerless/spike hunt late January-early February at Enchanted Rock SNA. First draw in this category in 8 years. Any chance anyone here is also drawn. Was planning to tent camp and would be nice to meet some members while I’m there.
Posted By: Yakblue

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 09/28/22 10:08 PM

I hunted there years ago for archery. Stayed in the campground. Vast majority of hunters stayed in campground too since the park is closed to all others. Think three other groups were hunting forum guys.
Enjoyed ourselves and had a good time meeting others in camp after the hunt.

I’d camp but maybe have a back up if the weather is bad. Never know with January hunts.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 01/13/23 12:19 AM

I'm considering going up there for the standby. Still weighing it out. I contacted them and they said 2 spots will be available. That's a long 5 hour drive to get rejected. Lol
Posted By: Jake08

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 04/10/23 04:57 PM

I'm curious to hear how the hunt went. I was drawn 2 years ago and there were very few animals. The landscape was beautiful though.
Posted By: TxHuntFish

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 04/19/23 09:39 PM

The hunt was cancelled due to the ice storm.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 05/23/23 06:54 PM

I hunted it two years ago for archery and I think all but one guy at least had an opportunity. A few misses and about half of the guys took home meat. I hit but couldn't track it down.
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 05/24/23 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TxHuntFish

Man, that's a bummer. Do they do anything to make up for it? At least give you loyalty points?

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 06/18/23 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sauerkraut

Man, that's a bummer. Do they do anything to make up for it? At least give you loyalty points?

I'm pretty sure in cases like that they refund your permit fee and reset your points where they were. I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere before.

Re: Enchanted Rock Hunt - 06/18/23 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by yakinthebox
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut

I'm pretty sure in cases like that they refund your permit fee and reset your points where they were. I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere before.

Yep, was able to find that answer pretty quick on the Drawn Hunts website.

Special Permits Categories:
TPWD retains the right to cancel permits, alter bag limits, or cancel a hunt at any time there is a danger to wildlife resources, the public, or facilities.
If the Department cancels a hunt, permit fees will be refunded and the loyalty points will be restored for those drawn hunters who paid for or accepted their Special Permit.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum