Texas Hunting Forum

Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ?

Posted By: WileyCoyote

Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ? - 12/22/21 01:06 PM

Has anybody hunted South Llano River SP this month? My hunt is sched'd for the last day of January thru 1st couple days of February...IF there is any Axis left to hunt. I assume that WT's are off limits too.
Ron
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ? - 12/22/21 10:02 PM

Buddy and I killed 8 axis and 6 whitetail doe in 2 days... good meat haul hunt.

Re: Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ? - 12/23/21 03:16 PM

Aha! so WT's Doe's ARE allowed ...how about WT Bucks?

Not really looking for a Wall hanger of a buck ..but If there ain't nuthin left to shoot at I'd like to be able to take a WT Buck instead of a dry haul. Guess It's time to get on the phone and talk to sumbody on Staff.... about what things are.

2nd ? the listing said that there was construction going on around the property... can you give me some idea of what and where that's all about?

Getting antsy to get on with the Prep ...it's only been 25 years for me to score a ticket to this Hunt again...and 25 years from now would put me at well into 3 digits of age....LOLOLOL
Ron
Posted By: TxHuntFish

Re: Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ? - 12/23/21 05:42 PM

If you were drawn for Jan 31 - Feb 3, that is an Exotic only hunt.

Re: Any Body hunt SLR SP December ...any success stories ? - 12/23/21 07:22 PM

Now that you mention it I do remember the EXO Only caveat in the Listing. That's OK with me, as I wanted to take only Axis or any other EXO available anyway. Now watch a 12 pt'er WT stroll past me at 50 feet and pass wind at me to rub it in LOLOL .
Ron
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum