Texas Hunting Forum

South Llano River SP- exotics

Posted By: gettinbirdie

South Llano River SP- exotics - 11/03/21 03:50 AM

For years, I was trying to get in a Palo Duro exotic hunt, this year we put in for SLR SP. My brother and I drew with 13 points. Pretty excited to say the least. Anyone else on here going ? partyon555
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: South Llano River SP- exotics - 11/03/21 01:14 PM

Dunno yet. Just checked my Status and no change since yesterday's Pending 2nd Drawing status.

I've got 21 LP's riding on SLRSP so I am a little surprised at your good luck. Last time I was able to draw a hunt there was about 25 years ago. Back then the SP's name was the name of the Campground, and the ranch's name was still being used.

A mind blower memory from that hunt was driving out of the Campground about 10:30ish at nite after getting my critter off the mountain in the dark - another I still can't believe I did that memory of very dangerous DA stupidity & into the carcass holding area. Pulled up to the low water crossing with the high beams on and had to wait, by my digital dash clock over 22 minutes for a gotta be 150++ mixed herd of Exo's & Wt's to run flat out past me within 30-40 yards in front of me thru my high beams ...there are/were that many legal critters running down the river bed.

10 years later my BinL invited us to spend the weekend with them at a Lease south of SLRSP, down past Telephone and the Blue Hole crossing, behind the white house with the tennis court. On the way home I took the wife over the SP's low water crossing to show her the camp grounds...and a monster 12 pt WT we'd been watching cross the adjacent pasture south of the entry road, and jumped the fence beside and less than a 100 yards in front of us and trotted into the SP past a "herd" of 40/50 bicycle rider's on the paved road. SLRSP is like no other SP I've ever been on. Let me win a major high dollar lottery and I'll buy as much land down there as I can find. Enjoy the hunt.
Ron
Posted By: Erny

Re: South Llano River SP- exotics - 11/03/21 05:24 PM

Congrats on the draw!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum