Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming pronghorn

Posted By: Wytex

Wyoming pronghorn - 10/01/21 02:58 PM

Going over to our hunt area in the morning for couple of day to fill our pronghorn tags. We have buck and a doe tag for both of us.
Not atrophy area by any means but usually can fond mature bucks without issue.

Results will be posted on Sunday, not sure if our hotel has wifi for Saturday updates.

This area is 6 PP in regular draw for NR and 4 PP in the special draw for NR.

Here are some past harvests from the area.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/01/21 04:09 PM

I’d call that a trophy!

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/01/21 04:59 PM

That 3 rd buck went 15 and change and one of the best we've taken from the area.
We've seen some really nice bucks on the private but that landowner outfits so access is almost non existent Our access pays off with some hay meadow access but not many trophy quality type bucks.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/01/21 06:19 PM

These are great Wytex. Thanks for sharing as always! I'll get up there as soon as Wyoming accepts my money $$
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/02/21 07:39 PM

Congrats sir

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/03/21 07:14 PM

Got back this morning with 1 buck and 2 doe, spouse opted not to fill his buck tag.
I found a decent mature buck, not much length to him but he goes 13 1/2 inches.
I also found a nice plump doe and the spouse filled his doe tag with a small one.

Cooler was full so we're happy.
Going back West next Thursday to fill his moose tag , I hope. Winter is supposed to come into the state by next Sunday or so.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/10/21 02:08 PM

Man y’all did great
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/12/21 01:42 AM

up
Posted By: NRAman

Re: Wyoming pronghorn - 10/12/21 01:58 AM

Congrats on your success. I'll be up there the last week of October to hunt buck antelope and whitetails (buck and doe/fawn tags), Lander area. I hope the weather clears up and I can hunt without limitations from weather. Haven't drawn an antelope tag in years, so I am pumped about that opportunity at last.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum