Texas Hunting Forum

My annual donation

Posted By: Williep

My annual donation - 07/09/21 04:13 PM

Well, just finished up my annual donation. Lets see if I'm lucky this year. I just wish there were more hunts on the weekends and not in the middle of the week.

Attached picture 2021-07-09_11-08-00.png
Posted By: Erny

Re: My annual donation - 07/09/21 06:51 PM

Those are some long shot draws with 1 point. But you have a pretty good chance at the Aransas. Be warned it’s is a tough hunt with low success. Good luck
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: My annual donation - 07/09/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Erny
Those are some long shot draws with 1 point. But you have a pretty good chance at the Aransas. Be warned it’s is a tough hunt with low success. LOTS of skeeters Good luck

FIFY grin
Posted By: Blank

Re: My annual donation - 07/09/21 08:49 PM

Just finished applying for a couple hunts, for myself and hunting partners. Trying to fit into the schedule, 2-3 days travel by vehicle, before and after the hunt is tough sometimes. Add in the $1000-1500 in airlines, hotels, food, rental car and it becomes an expensive and tough go sometimes. When I was working, I had the money, but not the time. Now that I'm retired I've got all the time and no money. Such is life!!!
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: My annual donation - 07/10/21 12:02 AM

Those are some long shot draws with 1 point. But you have a pretty good chance at the Aransas. Be warned it’s is a tough hunt with low success. Good luck

Long shot is an understatement now that points are cubed. It took my 27 points cubed to draw powderhorn last year. The good is what has been like a curse not wanting to risk wasting all those points on lesser odds hunts over the last 20 years or so is finally lifted. Starting over with no points in GDE I now can finally apply in as many of the hunts in that category as I wish to try for.
Posted By: Williep

Re: My annual donation - 07/10/21 12:38 AM

If ya buy more than one lotto ticket and win, you just wasted money. All ya need is one!
Posted By: cm7727

Re: My annual donation - 07/10/21 01:40 AM

Did our annual carpet bombing/donation for our group. Not expecting much but sure is fun to dream! Least until results start to come out.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: My annual donation - 07/10/21 12:06 PM

My first year to apply also. When do results start coming in?
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: My annual donation - 07/10/21 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Peepaw on Fork

Usually the next day after deadline.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: My annual donation - 07/18/21 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by sqiggy

Depends what you mean by "results"!!!!!
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: My annual donation - 07/18/21 09:46 PM

I haven't sent mine in yet. I will put in for all the mule deer hunts, all the javelina hunts, all the pronghorn hunts as well as the private land hunts in the panhandle plus the hunts for Copper Breaks State Park and all the WMAs in the panhandle sometime in the next week
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: My annual donation - 07/21/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by sqiggy

Depends what you mean by "results"!!!!!

You either get a email saying you won a hunt or you see pending 2nd draw or you see your points go from 1 to 2.
Something like that!!!😁
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum