Texas Hunting Forum

Youtube "public land" Texas hunts

Posted By: swampthang

Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 05:24 AM

Public land my eye. bs I've seen a bunch of videos lately on youtube that claim to be on public land in Texas but they never say which public property it is. Are they worried the place is already crowded,hard to draw permit,yada yada,etc so they dont want to say? I doubt it. I dont think they're on public land at all. I hate to be a whiner but it just puts a burr under my saddle. Kudos to the ones who do say which public property they're hunting.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 10:36 AM

Links?
Posted By: JCB

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 01:18 PM

Trust me you don’t want them to say where they are at. YouTubers have destroyed some of the best public fishing spots pretty much overnight.

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by aerangis
Links?

One of the worst is a channel called "The Element". They seem to be in a terrain that could only be Gene Howe WMA or possibly eastern section of Matador WMA but there's no way they could get drawn for a permit year after year on those areas.Another channel called "Flatlander". Both channels have giant bucks constantly walking around left and right,highly improbable.

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Trust me you don’t want them to say where they are at. YouTubers have destroyed some of the best public fishing spots pretty much overnight.

Sure if they say the name of the area it will cause a few more people to apply for that area but It's already almost impossible to draw a permit on most quality public hunting spots so a few more applicants probably wont make much difference.
Posted By: NeKro

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/23/20 06:08 PM

im sure some say they are on public land but actually not. I have seen fishing videos where there catching everything but there on private water like PWF.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Youtube "public land" Texas hunts - 11/24/20 06:07 PM

Tis surprised dont see more threads about The best kept secret...
texas has some awesome public land opertunities...
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum