Texas Hunting Forum

James Daughtrey

Posted By: sleepyfish

James Daughtrey - 10/20/20 03:18 PM

My daughter was picked for a GDE youth hunt, I was wondering if you guys had any insight on this particular WMA? I was also wondering where we should stay. I have a generator and a tent if need be. Thanks hopefully we get something
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: James Daughtrey - 10/21/20 01:33 PM

There are hotels in Three rivers as well as Tilden,Tx. I would book a hotel in Tilden right now because they will be booked later. The drive from the hotel in Tilden to the park headquarters is about 15 minutes. The camp ground is very primitive. They have only one port a potty for everyone to share. If the weather is dry and mild than a tent would be OK. All the hunt areas have blinds to sit in. Some are nice and some are not. You may want to take a pop up blind and brush it in along a sendero or road way. Take plenty of corn.
Posted By: Erny

Re: James Daughtrey - 10/21/20 11:20 PM

What hunter daddy said....Corn and a lot of it. The place is absolutely covered in pigs and the corn will be gone overnight. I have stayed in Pleasanton before that is a pretty long drive. If I were to do it again I would stay in Tilden.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum