Texas Hunting Forum

Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth

Posted By: Bobcat4119

Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/16/20 02:34 PM

My son just got drawn for both! Keechi is mid Nov and SNA will be late Dec. Lucky little turd..... I have ZERO knowledge of either of these places, anyone got any general info?
Posted By: Morpheous00xx

Re: Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/18/20 07:50 PM

Same here Keechi late November

Re: Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/20/20 02:22 AM

Ours is Thanksgiving weekend. Where will you guys be staying?
Posted By: Morpheous00xx

Re: Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/21/20 03:30 AM

Hi Bobcat411,

We are on Thanksgiving weekend, too. I have no idea where we will be staying.

We are from Houston and this is our first year hunting and using the public lands. We enjoy shooting but never tried hunting before. So far this season, we have hunted dove, and scouted Sam Houston National Forest. It's been fun. It's not quite like Steve Rinella, but looking forward to exploring the State and learning more about hunting.

Re: Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/21/20 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morpheous00xx
Hi Bobcat411,

We are on Thanksgiving weekend, too. I have no idea where we will be staying.

We are from Houston and this is our first year hunting and using the public lands. We enjoy shooting but never tried hunting before. So far this season, we have hunted dove, and scouted Sam Houston National Forest. It's been fun. It's not quite like Steve Rinella, but looking forward to exploring the State and learning more about hunting.

Well congrats on getting drawn! Looks like Buffalo will be the best bet for lodging. As for the hunting, "from what I see on the maps" it will be more of a pick a area and start hunting. The good thing about it is that the rut should be full blown while we are down there.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Keechi and Hill Country SNA Youth - 09/23/20 09:27 PM

If you’re into camping, I would just camp at Keechi. If not, I would stay in Palestine. More places to choose from to eat at. Me and my son hunted it twice. Having a 4 wheeler comes in handy. We hunted out of a pop up and he killed a doe on our second trip.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum