Texas Hunting Forum

South China Road - Dove?

Posted By: JB1316

South China Road - Dove? - 08/28/20 12:30 PM

Has anyone hunted this field before? I've always hunted the western side of Houston but after skunking the last few years guess I should try my luck on the other side of town.
Posted By: TLoving

Re: South China Road - Dove? - 08/28/20 08:14 PM

It sounds like you need to make a road trip, because until you see it for yourself it is only words and pictures.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: South China Road - Dove? - 08/28/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by TLoving
It sounds like you need to make a road trip, because until you see it for yourself it is only words and pictures.

For sure, will run out maybe this weekend or early next week. Im not planning to hunt opening day or anything so have some time. Just curious if anyones been on this field.
Posted By: TLoving

Re: South China Road - Dove? - 08/28/20 10:17 PM

I think everything that direction may need time to dry out a bit after the hurricane. In my experiences dove don't like wet feet.
Posted By: machine73

Re: South China Road - Dove? - 08/29/20 02:56 AM

I've scouted it for dove and hunted it for snipe last year. Wasn't enough dove for me to drive that distance, no better than what's available closer. I think dove just have much better places to go these days and are arriving later in the season. Snipe was pretty decent. Guess it will depend upon rain.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum