Texas Hunting Forum

E postcard hunts?

Posted By: swampthang

E postcard hunts? - 08/23/20 03:15 AM

So they let you apply and do the drawing BEFORE you buy the AHP? ($48). That dont seem right. There should be proof you have bought the AHP then they'll let you into the drawing. What am I missing?
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/23/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by swampthang
So they let you apply and do the drawing BEFORE you buy the AHP? ($48). That dont seem right. There should be proof you have bought the AHP then they'll let you into the drawing. What am I missing?

Unless something is screwed up you have to have bought your APHP before it will let you apply. You can try to but it will give an error message if you haven’t bought it.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/23/20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by SpoonPlatoon
Originally Posted by swampthang

Unless something is screwed up you have to have bought your APHP before it will let you apply. You can try to but it will give an error message if you haven’t bought it.

I guess their system has a way to instantly cross-check to see if the person applying has already bought the AHP. I applied for 2 E- postcard hunts yesterday and it never ask me for my permit number or anything.
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/23/20 10:13 PM

Yes it does. If you or anyone in your party doesn’t have it, it will stop you.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/25/20 07:24 PM

Just got our E-Postcard apps in. Mine as well try since I buy the APH anyways.
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/25/20 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Just got our E-Postcard apps in. Mine as well try since I buy the APH anyways.

My thoughts too and I did the same.
Posted By: Team C

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/28/20 05:34 PM

yes I believe its linked to the 48$ APH permit once you buy it then it will open it up to enter for the hunts
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: E postcard hunts? - 08/29/20 03:19 AM

and if you download digital outdoor annual to your phone they know everywhere you go peep
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: E postcard hunts? - 09/02/20 05:57 PM

Yes, you have to buy the $48 permit first. I put 2 guys on my card and told them repeatedly to get the permit. After I submitted everybody, there was a error that popped up stating the 2 guys did not have the permit. So I then removed them from my app and just put myself. This was done August 31. I just received the email that I won a archery hunt at Big Lake Bottom!!! Now I have to tell them, snooze you loose!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum