Texas Hunting Forum

Scouting Report--Fayette County Wied Road

Posted By: TLoving

Scouting Report--Fayette County Wied Road - 08/22/20 10:51 PM

After visiting the 3 parcels of public hunting land near Carmine, my wife and I traveled to the Wied Road unit in Fayette County.

By typing 6520 Wied Rd, Fayette Texas into your map search engine you should receive direction very close to the gate into the property. The property is a little northwest of the community of Rutersville. When I typed Rutersville into my map program, I was referred to a place in the Dallas area.

I have attached photos providing an overview of what I saw. It appears the the ground near the parking area has been recently plowed. (I am not a farmer, so I may of should have said tilled, disced, or ????. You get the point.)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Scouting Report--Fayette County Wied Road - 08/23/20 04:00 PM

While sharing your scouting results is extremely generous, I would never share my spots on the internet.

Did you see any birds? I'm not even seeing them in my neighborhood which is usually not a good sign.
Posted By: decook

Re: Scouting Report--Fayette County Wied Road - 08/24/20 07:03 PM

He didnt post anything that you cant get from here
http://tpwd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=c9788957300943559f7b49206e8ef153
Posted By: TLoving

Re: Scouting Report--Fayette County Wied Road - 08/26/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Whiptail

Did you see any birds? I'm not even seeing them in my neighborhood which is usually not a good sign.

The day I made the drive I was in and out of showers. For the total trip I saw maybe 20 doves. None of the birds I saw were on the property listed in the Map Book. I did see 5-6 birds near the Hill's Road property.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum