Texas Hunting Forum

TPWS public lands 20-21

Posted By: smcnaughton

TPWS public lands 20-21 - 08/15/20 10:01 PM

http://tpwd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=c9788957300943559f7b49206e8ef153

Looks like all the dove leases SE of San Marcos and New Braunfels are gone
Posted By: smcnaughton

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 08/15/20 10:56 PM

Rifle deer available in Caddo National Grasslands
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 08/16/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by smcnaughton
Rifle deer available in Caddo National Grasslands

Always been that way
Posted By: decook

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 02/25/21 01:05 PM

There are some changes made year to year. I don't know when the contracts are finalized, but keep checking that site for 2021-22 title.
Posted By: JJW

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/08/21 07:12 PM

Have you hunted Caddo? If so. How is it?
Posted By: decook

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/08/21 09:46 PM

JJW I have not if you meant this for me. I'm sure someone on the THF has.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/09/21 12:41 AM

I've hunted Caddo,it sucks. It gets hammered hard by the centerfire rifle guys for 2 months straight. Its a miracle there's a muskrat on the place,much less a deer. Need to make it archery only. That might give the deer a chance to actually live from one year to the next.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/09/21 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by swampthang
I've hunted Caddo,it sucks. It gets hammered hard by the centerfire rifle guys for 2 months straight. Its a miracle there's a muskrat on the place,much less a deer. Need to make it archery only. That might give the deer a chance to actually live from one year to the next.

cheers That's what OSBWMA tis & thar be plenty nice bucks...
Can always have gun draw hunts...
If they keep rifle hunt, let it be for does...
flag
Posted By: swampthang

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/09/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by colt.45

flag

That's a good idea,rifle draw hunts. I'd do archery only for a few years to give the deer herd a chance to recover,then start the rifle draw hunts. That would also generate money to improve the area,maybe some food plots or whatnot.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 03/09/21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by colt.45

flag

I've hunted out there with my son on a youth hunt. We didn't see a nice buck, just a few does. A few bucks were taken and the one I saw was a pretty decent one.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: TPWS public lands 20-21 - 07/03/21 10:29 PM

Yes it does, it needs to go archery ASAP, SHOT OUT! rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum