Posted By: elvisp_bucks

First Drawing results - 08/03/20 12:38 PM

When will they do the first drawing?
Posted By: teal.slayer14

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 01:43 PM

Hopefully today around 1 or 2.
Posted By: Erny

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 01:43 PM

I am not sure with the new system. But last year it was the day after the deadline. I would assume it’s going to be today.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 02:10 PM

Well, not sure how to read into this. I gained a preference point in private land pronghorn, but it still says application received.
Posted By: TexasATC

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 03:52 PM

Good luck to all! Fingers crossed on any pronghorn draw for me

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 04:16 PM

Good luck to everyone too. Someone please post when they start the drawing!!!
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 04:19 PM

Oh heck yeah, I forgot! Something to get my hopes up about........and then be disappointed again. But hey, that's the game!

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 04:21 PM

Uh oh, just went to check, TPWD website server down for "maintenance". Hope they didn't crash themselves with their new cubing method.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 05:43 PM

Good luck to everyone. This year I put in far fewer that previous years. I hardly hit in previous years so I expect pretty much nothing again but never know, just might be my lucky year!

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 06:16 PM

Alligator in now

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 06:40 PM

Good luck again and let the disappointment begin!!

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 09:52 PM

What's taking so long???
Posted By: JB1316

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by mickeyhft
Oh heck yeah, I forgot! Something to get my hopes up about........and then be disappointed again. But hey, that's the game!

This will fill my void until the Cowboys play again! lol

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by TexasATC
What's taking so long???

The pos system is struggling to get all 150,000,000 applications processed for pronghorn after they cubed everything.

Re: First Drawing results - 08/03/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Originally Posted by TexasATC
What's taking so long???

The pos system is struggling to get all 150,000,000 applications processed for pronghorn after they cubed everything.

Right?
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 02:42 PM

I still have application received on pronghorn

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
I still have application received on pronghorn

Me too, I've checked only about a hundred times!

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 03:53 PM

Private Lands Pronghorn just came in. No whammy.
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 05:27 PM

My brother and I drew Private Lands Dove - South Texas / Texas Wild. Pretty excited.

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 06:32 PM

No dice for me on pronghorn...long shot anyways
Posted By: safdm44

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 06:57 PM

Well that theory of the many years of having points with the new system increasing the odds is bogus.. I have 16 years in the pronghorn Rita Blanca and i drew zip, nada.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by safdm44
Well that theory of the many years of having points with the new system increasing the odds is bogus.. I have 16 years in the pronghorn Rita Blanca and i drew zip, nada.

Same here.
24 individuals loyalty points , and pending second draw this year.
Posted By: safdm44

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by mbavo
Originally Posted by safdm44

Same here.
24 individuals loyalty points , and pending second draw this year.

well I wont complain then.. 24 is more than my 16... The "loyalty" part blows my mind.. and Ill see on here someone post " I got drawn for Whitetail deer either sex at Chaparral with 6 points!".... I have like 18 or more and yet to be picked.... frustrating.

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbaganoosh
My brother and I drew Private Lands Dove - South Texas / Texas Wild. Pretty excited.

Congrats. Mind if I ask how many points you had?
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 07:47 PM

Congrats.
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: First Drawing results - 08/04/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Originally Posted by Bobbaganoosh

Congrats. Mind if I ask how many points you had?

I dont recall and the system only shows "N/A" in our points category now.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: First Drawing results - 08/08/20 04:12 AM

Now 24 points in pronghorn and 13 in private lands pronghorn. Both pending 2nd draw. Maybe next year.....
Posted By: TrackQuack

Re: First Drawing results - 08/08/20 02:18 PM

Someone I know got drawn for Riata Pronghorn with less than 7 points - him and a friend.......... that is some good luck

Re: First Drawing results - 08/08/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by TrackQuack
Someone I know got drawn for Riata Pronghorn with less than 7 points - him and a friend.......... that is some good luck

Good for them! But I kind of hate them. No not really, just jealous! They are going to have a great hunt I bet.

Re: First Drawing results - 08/08/20 04:06 PM

I bet that will not sit right with the 20+ point guys. Good luck to your friends. I hope they make it worth the effort.
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: First Drawing results - 08/12/20 03:38 AM

Ouch, I know the hunter ed instructor guy that calls into Brian Hughes fishing/outdoors radio show called in to gloat he drew Pronghorn after many years of applying, Brian didn't seem to enthused about it...
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: First Drawing results - 08/12/20 09:00 PM

Just shows you that cubing and squaring bonus points really doesn't do anything for your draw odds, even at higher point totals.

People act like it will only increase their points and no one else's.

For example, Nevada is the same way (squared bonus points). Even if you have max points (27) for a species. Say you want to hunt a high demand unit, like #222 for elk, your draw odds for the archery tag are less than 1%, with the highest odds being 4% for the muzzleloader hunt. If you are just unlucky and you only stick to those high demand units, there is the possibility that you never draw a tag. Not one max point holder has drawn a tag in that unit in the last 5 years, no one with more than 20 points has even drawn. Its usually to someone in the 13-18 point range.
Posted By: DeleteThisAccount

Re: First Drawing results - 08/12/20 09:19 PM

It's a lottery people... no amount of points will guarantee you a draw. Increase your odds, yes...but that's it. I'm sure there will be plenty of people winning spots that have 0 points in a draw category. Buy your ticket and hope for the best. If you don't get drawn, no biggie, your money went for a good cause that all of us support smile Everyone who buys a ticket equally deserves their win if they do win - regardless of how many points they have.... it's a lottery.

The fact that they even give points to the losers of the lottery (that can be used to increase their odds in a future lottery)...it's basically giving everyone a participation trophy LOL
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: First Drawing results - 08/13/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Binary
It's a lottery people... no amount of points will guarantee you a draw. Increase your odds, yes...but that's it. I'm sure there will be plenty of people winning spots that have 0 points in a draw category. Buy your ticket and hope for the best. If you don't get drawn, no biggie, your money went for a good cause that all of us support smile Everyone who buys a ticket equally deserves their win if they do win - regardless of how many points they have.... it's a lottery.

The fact that they even give points to the losers of the lottery (that can be used to increase their odds in a future lottery)...it's basically giving everyone a participation trophy LOL

Pretty much.

Re: First Drawing results - 08/13/20 03:22 PM

Exactly.
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: First Drawing results - 08/14/20 03:28 AM

Squaring points maybe but cubing points the odds will be astronomical a first year applicant will draw any hunt in the system this year for the adult hunts, the youth hunts it may still happen as kids age out and max points aren't as high
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum