Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming quotas are out

Posted By: Wytex

Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 02:09 PM

Wyoming released the proposed quotas for hunting this fall. Public comment is accepted and yes they do read them and take into consideration what even NR have to say.
The only major changes I see are some changes to moose quotas, some folks will be happy with those, and some bighorn sheep changes with a few more tags.
Some pronghorn areas have decreases in tag but not major.
Take a look at some cow elk licenses as well, some private land tags are now open area wide for archery hunting the go private land only for rifle.
We'll be applying for a LQ elk tag and a cow tag to go with the area in addition to our cow tags for the ranch we work for.

Look over the pronghorn quotas before you apply.

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 02:12 PM

And the ranch is now in a bear area that has no sow quota, the area was split off form a quota area. They do not want black bears frequenting the ranch area as it is a recreation area to the south and mainly private land. Good news for us as I have a black bear on trial cam in the meadows and we plan to do some baiting this spring and fall.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 03:27 PM

Thanks for the update-- looking forward to a fall trip back to WY!

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 03:55 PM

Take a close look at the pronghorn quotas. Some significant reductions in NE and other parts of the state.
Some increases in others.
If I had a few PP I would look into area 73.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 06:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/26/20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
And the ranch is now in a bear area that has no sow quota, the area was split off form a quota area. They do not want black bears frequenting the ranch area as it is a recreation area to the south and mainly private land. Good news for us as I have a black bear on trial cam in the meadows and we plan to do some baiting this spring and fall.

While I was in Co last year they said the bear have gotten so bad they were giving any local in the city limits free bear tags lol
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/27/20 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Navasot

While I was in Co last year they said the bear have gotten so bad they were giving any local in the city limits free bear tags lol

It’s only $100 for no residents. They have a Sept Rifle season too. You in?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/27/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Iv been wanting to shoot one for a while but even though the tags are cheap getting a place to shoot one is spensive lol
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/27/20 02:32 PM

Plenty of really good public land out there-- check the harvest statistics and go snag a tag!! Biggest black bear I've seen on foot was in CO (with no tag in my pocket)... and I grew up hunting the eastern shore of NC where there are some monsters.

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/27/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Iv been wanting to shoot one for a while but even though the tags are cheap getting a place to shoot one is spensive lol

You just have to drive to DFW, then you can ride with me

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/28/20 02:06 PM

DIY bear hunts can work out pretty well in the right place, no private land needed.

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 03/29/20 10:59 PM

DIY bear hunts can work out pretty well in the right place, no private land needed.

Yelp!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 04/02/20 03:34 AM

up
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 04/08/20 02:23 PM

Just put in for bear draw in CO. May still do OTC if I don't get drawn.

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 05/21/20 04:09 PM

Bump for NR elk results.

Anyone get a elk tag ?
Posted By: Hankg

Re: Wyoming quotas are out - 05/23/20 03:09 AM

I put in for cow elk tag and didn’t get drawn. Would have been my first elk hunt. Drew Montana general deer and was going to combine the two into one trip. Looking at putting in for a couple antelope doe tags now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum