Texas Hunting Forum

Nannie Stringfellow WMA

Posted By: Bbq74

Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/23/20 04:26 PM

won a feral hog hunt at the Nannie stringfellow wma. We are extremely excited and looking forward to the hunt. Has anyone hunted there before? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank y’all
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/24/20 01:15 PM

its a nice place to hunt. Can be kinda thick in areas but you should have some shooting lanes by the blinds they provide.
Also, its usually pretty wet/muddy so 4x4 and mud boots are needed to get to most of the blinds.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/24/20 05:15 PM

For the hog hunt, it's just sitting in a box blind staring at a pile of corn, nothing more. Bring a book and a seat cushion. Some folks prefer to hunt that way, not my cup of tea. As far as which area or blind, it's a crap shoot. The hogs move around, there one day, gone the next. They pre-bait all the blinds to increase your odds of success. Like he said above, it's very muddy, wear rubber boots and bring an atv if you have one.

Good luck
Posted By: Bbq74

Re: Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/25/20 11:50 PM

Thank you for the feedback
Posted By: Erny

Re: Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/26/20 01:20 AM

Never hunted there, but good luck and have fun.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Nannie Stringfellow WMA - 02/27/20 02:22 AM

Was there in January, hog sign was prevalent. You cannot have a vehicle wider than a UTV. it’ll be pretty sloppy in some areas. Each sector is marked by street signs and wide trails. You’ll have no problem discerning them in the dark. If you leave the check-in building, cross CR 316 and head South to the creek on the southern border of the property, I would think that’d be a good prospect.

When is the hunt?

I have a copy of the map given to the hunters which shows the sectors, roads & their names. You may get to choose & you may be assigned.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum