Texas Hunting Forum

Winner winner muley dinner

Posted By: YellowDog

Winner winner muley dinner - 10/16/19 03:15 PM

Just got picked for the Big Bend SP mule deer hunt. Any one have any good info on the place?
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/16/19 03:35 PM

Congrats!
Never been there.
Good luck.
Hope you get a good one!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/16/19 03:42 PM

Very cool and tough hunt from what iv heard
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/16/19 03:59 PM

hunt over water if possible, they have to drink. I saw more sitting over water than stalking around. that was at Black Gap though.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/16/19 09:39 PM

Other than the typical "don't try to hunt them like you hunt whitetails" bit, no

Congrats on drawing a dream tag, my fiend!
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/17/19 12:59 AM

Congrats. Take good glass. Hunt water. Be prepared to shoot long distance with elevation. Beautiful country. It will grow on you. It can be colder than you expect south west Texas to be. Everything is the color of a mule deer out there.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/17/19 04:33 AM

A few years back I was drawn for archery there. We stayed at the bunkhouse and used the kitchen to prepare our food. Some of the hunt areas are pretty far from there though so it may be beneficial to camp. The rangers there were very helpful and tried to put everyone in good areas. We saw bucks everyday but did not get any shots at anything. We would have easily tagged out if we would have been rifle hunting. It is beautiful country and you are out in the middle of nowhere. They need to lengthen that hunt as two days is too short for that country. We got there early the day before the hunt started and they did allow us to drive around and "sight see"
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/17/19 11:28 AM

Congratulations! I think I put in for that. I need to see that park, hunting or not. Have a blast. Glass, glass, glass.
Posted By: salth2o

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/17/19 01:10 PM

Congrats and best of luck!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/18/19 12:51 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/18/19 01:33 AM

Good luck, take some time to sight see afterwards if you can.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 10/19/19 10:16 PM

Awesome draw. Hunted there 20 years ago or so. It was the second hunt they had. Did not get a deer but had a wonderful time. The hunt was one of my most memerorable.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Winner winner muley dinner - 11/15/19 09:41 PM

Any one hunt the Big Bend SP mule deer hunt?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum