Texas Hunting Forum

Pedernales Falls SP

Posted By: TrackQuack

Pedernales Falls SP - 09/27/19 09:18 AM

Fellow THF'ers,

I got drawn for the second hunt period for doe/antlerless hunt at the SP (not Annex). I have checked around on the THF and TBH for any info, all in all it seems like it is a great hunt for harvesting does and the lucky hunters get an aoudad, wild goat, or a Sika. I haven't seen any other pictures of exotics killed out there. I will definitely be reaching out to the hunt area staff but would really appreciate any info in a PM from someone who has done the hunt recently. I see that you can take corn and other hunters have suggested a pop-up. Not the biggest fan of sitting in a blind but can't be too disappointed with the opportutnity to go hunting for some meat in a beautiful part of the state.

If any fellow THF's are drawn for the same hunt period please reach out as well. Always good to pool resources and what shared equipment makes sense.

Regards,
Kyle
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Pedernales Falls SP - 09/27/19 01:27 PM

As it so happens, I was drawn for the 12/10-12/12 session this hunt. I haven't seen much information about it online so I was planning on calling the local TP&W team for more information.
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: Pedernales Falls SP - 09/28/19 03:39 AM

BIL and I went on the antlerless hunt in January. I was in the picnic area by the river for the first day and a half and didn't see anything. My BIL was up the road and shot a doe and a couple of hogs. When we were checking out the night of the second day, Lynn, the guy running the hunt asked if I had a popup blind. I had brought one so he took us down to the campsites and we set up the blind up for the next morning.

We got there the next morning and there were deer waiting on us. My BIL was putting out corn while I was shining a light. The deer were following us.We set up and the deer started to filter out as it got light. One doe stuck around so I shot her. We sat there for a while and a nice buck came out and wandered around a while. He stopped and looked at the doe on the ground but it didn't seem to bother him. He wandered off and a bigger, older buck showed up and wandered around.

Some more does wandered in and I shot another one and we loaded up and went to the check station all before 9AM. Nobody saw any aoudad but the river was up and apparently they were all on the annex side.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Pedernales Falls SP - 09/28/19 04:00 AM

Glad it worked out for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum