Texas Hunting Forum

Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED

Posted By: DeleteThisAccount

Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED - 09/22/19 02:20 AM

Ran across this today:

Over 25 inches of rain has fallen with more expected. Sections of Interstate 10 and Hwy 73 in the Houston area are closed. Refuge offices and lands are currently closed to protect public safety, and the safety of employees.

A damaged culvert on the Page Tract will close access to the area until repairs can be made. Hunts scheduled for the Page Tract will be cancelled and hunters will be refunded their fees.

Man, that's a rough notice to get right after the draws finish. I feel for you guys/gals who drew Page.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED - 09/22/19 10:03 PM

Unfortunately these are always subject to get canceled this time of year. I'm hoping mine work out.

Re: Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED - 09/23/19 01:45 AM

Yeah us Brierwood draw winners dodged a bullet on that one (thus far). That area is basically one large area between a bunch of private properties that they divided up into 2 sections, Page (east side) and Brierwood (west side). Same area, just an invisible line keeping Brierwood open.

Re: Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED - 09/23/19 01:57 AM

Actually, Brierwood draw winners didn't just dodge a bullet - there's definitely a benefit to not having an additional 36 hunters on the 1,800ish ares directly next to you. You guys with the opening week date, just try not to chase all the deer over to Page section before I get there ;P
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Trinity River - Page - HUNTS CANCELED - 10/05/19 08:58 PM

Well we should have plenty water this year for ducks banana
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum