Texas Hunting Forum

Twin Buttes Question

Posted By: usafKC

Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 03:46 AM

Looking at the tpwd map, compartment 5 is shaded as "walk in only area". Is that to say that the other compartments are not available for "walk in" hunting? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 11:47 AM

You can walk into the other compartments also. I live right down the road from the Butte’s, saw 3 really nice bucks the other day close to the EQ channel entrance. Should be good hunting this year.

Re: Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 12:11 PM

Thanks! Does it die down much towards the end of the season?

Re: Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 12:32 PM

You’re welcome. Sorry I can’t help you there, I have only been out here a little over a year now and have only been dove hunting out there. Not really sure how crowded it gets during deer season.

Re: Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 12:37 PM

Thank you anyways. Moved down here a little too close to the season so I'm scrambling trying to figure out how to put meat in my freezer this winter without cracking open the savings account.

Re: Twin Buttes Question - 08/28/19 12:45 PM

Last year there were always deer in the evening in front of the airport. I saw a few guys that would park there in front of the Customs and Border Enforcement building and walk across the street into that really thick stuff. Looks like that would be a good spot. I don’t think you should have a problem getting doe or two out there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum