Texas Hunting Forum

Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road

Posted By: TLoving

Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road - 08/16/19 04:56 PM

I downloaded the new map booklet both yesterday and today. The book yesterday had a new cover but contained old data. Today's download appeared to be new data.

Unless I overlooked the pages both the Herbert Road and the Jozwiak Road Units have both been removed from Houston area options.

So slim pickings for Houston area hunters just got slimmer. Way to go Texas Parks and Wildlife.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road - 08/16/19 05:01 PM

I am looking at it now, Hebert Preserve is gone, Jozwiak Road has been cut down to just 88 acres.
Posted By: TLoving

Re: Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road - 08/16/19 05:16 PM

If Jozwiak is still there I overlooked it. Shame on me for not being more thorough and going off half-cocked.

I bet the Carmine properties are going to be really crowded now that there are less options in the Houston area.

I guess we need the Aggies to genetically modify doves to make doves eat pinecones. We could then dove hunt the Sam Houston National Forest.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road - 08/16/19 05:20 PM

Hopefully that extra 30 minutes each way isn't worth it to them.
Posted By: takemking

Re: Herbert Preserve and Jozwiak Road - 08/16/19 08:20 PM

Why complain about hunting options that weren't producing desired outcomes for hunters? IMO it was wasted money. I hope they found a better opportunity to put the money towards, even if it's not in the area. There's decent public dove hunting a couple hours west of here...and to me it's worth the drive.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum