Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming Antelope Unit w/ 1 point?

Posted By: JB1316

Wyoming Antelope Unit w/ 1 point? - 07/27/19 01:17 PM

Thanks to this forum, and feedback from a post a couple of years ago, Im wanting to go on an antelope hunt with my dad next year in Wyoming. My dad and I are going to buy a preference point for WY in the next week or so, but while I was playing around on GoHunt for draw odds for units with 1 pp, Im getting really confused. A unit shows up as 100% draw, but later on it says 4%. Just so I can narrow this down, does anyone know of any particular units in WY where I can expect to draw w/ decent public land (and access to it), 1 pp, and a decent shot at a buck? Trophy is not a concern, just looking to have some fun with my dad before his adventure days are gone. Thanks as always
Posted By: Erny

Re: Wyoming Antelope Unit w/ 1 point? - 07/27/19 01:30 PM

Check out top rut. They will have all the information that you will need to make a decision on what unit to apply. It’s going to be a tall order to draw a unit with a good amount of public land with one point.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Wyoming Antelope Unit w/ 1 point? - 07/27/19 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Erny
Check out top rut. They will have all the information that you will need to make a decision on what unit to apply. It’s going to be a tall order to draw a unit with a good amount of public land with one point.

Thanks, I'll play around on this one as well. I see lots of online comments about paying a trespass fee as well to access private lands. I'm more than open to this as well (if it'll let me hunt next year with just the 1 pp), I guess once I narrow it down to a couple of units, I can start searching for landowners who'll allow that.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Wyoming Antelope Unit w/ 1 point? - 08/04/19 10:30 PM

sent you pm , are you willing to pay the special drawing price $614 ? It would open more areas to you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum