Texas Hunting Forum

Made my annual donation

Posted By: syncerus

Made my annual donation - 07/12/19 06:41 PM

This year it was $235.43. Wish me luck and I'll do the same for you.

wink
Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/12/19 11:10 PM

65 hunts and $251 for me. Been drawn for 7 hunts the past 3 years, so hopefully the luck holds.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/14/19 01:51 PM

Just made my annual donation. My part of the bill was $70 and some change for fees. Applied for more than normal this year!
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/17/19 07:38 PM

I donated the 70-80 buck for the ol lady and I. Lets see what the dice roll!
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/18/19 07:37 PM

I'm sitting at the $150 mark right now. Waiting to decide if I want to drop $50 on the private pronghorn. Good luck folks.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/18/19 09:55 PM

28 picks for me so far.

I cant believe I am not signing up for big bend mulie (my absolute dream hunt) because it is 1 full day and 2 half days of hunting. The area is so remote it takes a day and a half just to drive there from Houston. I will be driving more than hunting.

Anybody not signing up for it like me because of the shortened days? It is 190,000 acres open to hunting and it sounds like the Park hunt coordinators are being a little stingy with public property.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/19/19 03:52 AM

Bigfoot I'm like you with being disappointed that Big bend gun and archery is 1 full and 2 half days. The group I sign up with in archery wanted to apply there but I am not applying for gun mule deer there. In my opinion, those west Texas hunts need to be 3 to 4 full days.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/19/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
28 picks for me so far.

I cant believe I am not signing up for big bend mulie (my absolute dream hunt) because it is 1 full day and 2 half days of hunting. The area is so remote it takes a day and a half just to drive there from Houston. I will be driving more than hunting.

Anybody not signing up for it like me because of the shortened days? It is 190,000 acres open to hunting and it sounds like the Park hunt coordinators are being a little stingy with public property.

I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. That's a shame, I wonder what was the driving force behind that decision?
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/19/19 09:03 PM

With so much ground to cover how do they expect you to find, stalk and hunt in such a short period? no baiting no stands just the most beautiful scenery in all of Texas and lots of wide open spaces to cover and no time!!! It should be the entire week.

They must be an anti hunting crew out there. I am guessing the individual parks make their own rules but I may be wrong.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/20/19 03:46 AM

I don't buy nearly as many chances for a Permit as I once did year after year. Several of the categories I have too many LP's to waste on some site that has perrinial poor results year after at under 30% success of the tags issued. JMHO & YMMV
Ron
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/20/19 11:51 PM

I usually draw my donations out instead of sending them all at once. I got drawn on several hunts last year on the 8/15 deadline so I didn't put in for many after that. Just the hardest to draw ones to get the points.
Posted By: boonee

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/22/19 01:41 AM

I made my donation. I'm up to 11 points on a few hunts. I used to draw at least 1 hunt a year, and made several standby hunts. But now I don't risk the time on a standby spot. I guess I put in for more popular areas now.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/23/19 07:29 PM

hunt coordinators are being a little stingy with public property.

I have to agree. It seems like our public hunting is being run by people who don't like it.
Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Re: Made my annual donation - 07/29/19 06:42 PM

Doesn't come into play for the management areas, but the state parks don't like to close the parks for very long. Like most things, they're just trying to keep everybody happy.
Posted By: adkhunter

Re: Made my annual donation - 08/02/19 01:40 PM

28 picks for me so far.

After hunting Devils River this past season that is about all I'm good for in rugged terrain unless I get my but out from behind the desk and to the gym...
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Made my annual donation - 08/18/19 10:12 PM

Well, I just kicked in another $82 for Big Time Hunt tickets. I'm crossing my fingers ...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum